Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ladies and gentlemen, my new GP engine cover

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Looks good. How many hours did you put in? lol

Well, lets see, in total, probably 6-7 hours. I still have to clear coat it, but I'm waiting until tomorrow to do that

' timestamp='1336168747' post='71349']Now ditch the insanely restrictive airbox. CAI's are stupid cheap for these cars.

I F'ing hate those air boxes with a passion!!!! Way too much work to change the filter!

The engine cover looks great on the car!!! Nice and clean n simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

' timestamp='1336187827' post='71373']

I'd love to find the engineer behind the W-body's airbox setup, and punch him in the face.

I would like to smack alot of engineers for there oil filter locations. Toyota is 1# on my list...... yea lets put it up front under the manifold so you get burned when changing it.

I would like to smack alot of engineers for there oil filter locations. Toyota is 1# on my list...... yea lets put it up front under the manifold so you get burned when changing it.

You must be talking about the V6's. Yeah, forget that noise.

Does the box reduce my gas mileage? If you guys can tell me anything I should/can do to improve efficiency, I might do it. This isn't a go fast car, its my economical, daily driver. The Phoenix gets all the toys

• Founders

I F'ing hate those air boxes with a passion!!!! Way too much work to change the filter!

I just hate those crossbars whenever having to do maintenance :lol: Our Venture has em and my goodness

Does the box reduce my gas mileage? If you guys can tell me anything I should/can do to improve efficiency, I might do it. This isn't a go fast car, its my economical, daily driver. The Phoenix gets all the toys

Stock airbox = junk.

You will see a slight increase in MPGs, and the fun factor is so worth it.

' timestamp='1336264026' post='71407']

Stock airbox = junk.

You will see a slight increase in MPGs, and the fun factor is so worth it.

Where can I get an after market one?

I just hate those crossbars whenever having to do maintenance :lol: Our Venture has em and my goodness

:agreed: it's a bitch to get at the battery & rad cap plus a couple other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk