Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Badass Automotive Imagery Thread (NSFW possible)

6 Shooter

Yes thats a BB Pro St Fiero. Grabbing my camera and he already got by.

No worries JUSTA....I got em. I was on my way to the Phoenix center with notallthere and the Professor to get my complimentary poster and pin.

100_4769_zps471e4366.jpg

100_4770_zpsd49df32b.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I worked with the builder of this car. His son now has it and also built the Corvair Pro ST in front of it as well. They said it couldn't be done!

Hmmmm......so copyright to Forever Pontiac belongs to JUSTA6 then? Interesting......

Actually I was going for Pontiac forever.....but JUSTA depends on how you look at it. :pontiac:

I went to my local cruise in on Friday. Found this car - can anyone tell me what motor this is? I have to admit, this is the first one I've ever seen.

100_4855_zps42561cba.jpg

100_4856_zpsbe9523c1.jpg

100_4857_zps3717c167.jpg

100_4858_zpsa8037122.jpg

Blue oval. Strange placement for air intake, but must have filter system in the muffler looking thing. Alot of custom work to make that happen.

Looks like a Ford head to me. 2nd guess Chrysler. With all the custom fab work for intake/turbo, (that's what I'm lookin at) He mucks it up with cheap rad hose covers installed improperly. Leading to the question....Where did he mount a radiator where it can catch air?

Good guess JUSTA - but it is still wrong. It's not a Chrysler either. Try again. Like I said before, it caught me off guard too.

Evinrude???? LMAO. I wouldn't pretent to know how to identify early engines. Ford is only ones I know that have ANY part you need still available. Making it the flathead of choice for most RODS. With all the attention to detail on the car, the hoses jump right out atcha. Where is the Radiator??? Guess I can't reply with a quote again or Edit my post.

Give that man a cigar!

It is indeed a flathead v8 Cadillac motor - from an M5 Stuart tank! It takes 2 flatheads to drive an M5 Stuart tank BTW. For awhile, I thought that perhaps this was an air cooled engine, but it is definitely liquid cooled. So I have no idea where the actual radiator is unless it is mounted under the chassis somehow with an electric fan. Its not in the back that I can see unless what I think is the fuel tank is actually a radiator.

Back of the car.

100_4860_zpsd4a92e98.jpg

The sign from the car

100_4859_zpsddb09769.jpg

I wanna know how he's holding that front end up. Nobody uses caddy engines because they're stupid heavy ... but he's got that front end almost skeletal.

The heatsink on the very front is the tranny cooler, so he's likely got one or two small 4 banger rads mounted underneath with electric fans and is using one of those two kegs as a fluid reservoir. My money's on the rear one, giving the fluid a long trip through stainless hoses to bleed heat.