Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My 99 Grand Am GT

well since i was beyond the introduction here is a complete list and pics plus a few new things since the introduction.

everything minus the engine has a little over 100k on it. the engine started out like as a stock replacement that had 300 miles on it when i got it in Jan of 07 now it has around 10k on it and is a completely different beast.

little background into whats done to the car.

3400 bottom end which is from the 300 mile 3400 i started with which now has about 10k on it

3500 ported lim from WOT-tech store

3500 heads from wot-tech store and are ported

went with the 99 timing chain, cam sprocket and crank gear.

ported and shaved 3400 upper

custom ground cam with custom pushrods

cam specs--intake 230 exhaust 236 515 int 515 exh lift pic below

65mm t-body upper ported to 65mm

modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs inside

Comp Cams 26986 Valve Springs

comp cams locks and keeps

TOG headers with high flow cat

SLP cat back with an OEM camaro muffler for now

H&R springs

halo projector headlights

carbon fiber SC/T hood

solid motor mount from milzy motorsports

solid trans mount from wot-tech

white faced gauges

autometer gauges which include

oil pressure,fuel pressure,trans temp,volts,vac

car is in storage aka my garage till spring so when that time comes ill be getting some new better pics and video's.

how it all started

Picture0122.jpg

camspecs1.jpg

091-1.jpg

099-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

027.jpg

the pic from the day at the track

621261475_ZW9bR-O.jpg

gauge setup

153.jpg

dash gauge setup

153.jpg

the solid trans mount

Picture-138.jpg

the idle video. ignore the squeak its just something that decided to rattle on the subframe.

th_068.jpg

anything that changes will be updated here.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a beast, I love cammed 3400s

they do sound good. V8 rumble at idle but once you get on it higher up in the rpm's it's got the 660 sound.

once i can decide on a muffler that will change. im leaning towards a borla muffler just got to get the motivation.

they do sound good. V8 rumble at idle but once you get on it higher up in the rpm's it's got the 660 sound.

once i can decide on a muffler that will change. im leaning towards a borla muffler just got to get the motivation.

You don't like the SLP?

' date='Jan 25 2010, 08:14 PM' post='5604']

Good luck finding one. :lol2:

I've had 2.... in fact, if you can find my old SE at a junkyard somewhere, its still got the whole setup on there, just some busted mounts and a scratched tip

' date='Jan 25 2010, 05:47 PM' post='5509']

I seriously love your GA. I never knew you had a CF SC/T hood...

What ever happened to it?

i just got the CF SC/T hood last week.

' date='Jan 25 2010, 09:14 PM' post='5604']

Good luck finding one. :)

actually i got the brand new SLP muffler sitting in the garage i never used it. i already had the flowmaster which wasn't that old when i put the SLP cat back on a few years back.

i didnt use the SLP muffler because it was way louder than the flowmaster. im trying to find something that's not retarded loud but still sounds decent.

the video i posted is with the oem style cross-flow muffler.

Your sounds amazing minus the squeak

iirc it doesn't squeak anymore. so all is good.

You don't like the SLP?

if i used that now it would be retarded loud. i initially had the flowmaster 80 still on when i put the engine in and with the headers and SLP cat back it was pretty loud and to the point where no one would inspect the car.

i still got the tips and the muffler never used either one of them. im thinking about using the tips with the current muffler.

nice Hood! me rikey! and nice clean engine bay. i love it when the engine bays are clean. :)

thank guys. i try to keep the whole car clean but anyone with a dark car knows its impossible.

thanks i cant wait till its spring and warm so i can get her out. expect some new pics then.

maybe by then ill get a tripod so my pics turnout good and dont look like crap from my shaky hands.

yeah ill have to see exactly what i have. its been a few months since ive seen them.

ill get back to you on that. i wont be getting anything done down there this weekend its balls cold outside and inside with the concrete floor my feet get uber cold real quick.

• 3 weeks later...

well i got the wide band o2 today and last week i welded the bung onto the downpipe.

id take some pictures but i already put it back on the car.

today i ordered the poly control arm bushings with new ball joints for the spare set of control arms i got so when i get that together i can just swap it out and call it a day for now.

thanks. yours looks awesome too, love the nice addition you got under the hood.

got my ball joints and poly bushings ordered for the control arms yesterday so the front end should be pretty solid this year.

thanks. yours looks awesome too, love the nice addition you got under the hood.

got my ball joints and poly bushings ordered for the control arms yesterday so the front end should be pretty solid this year.

i love how u tinted the amber lights how did u tape it off

later on i did the bottom half but left like a 1/4" strip of amber unpainted where the light shined through. now that i think about it i used a strip of electrical tape to get the width for the unpainted area.

all i did was mask off the rest and paint. im thinking i used krylon fusion. you know that paint they made for plastic to do that.

well i finally broke down and ordered a muffler. i went with a Edelbrock 55762 SDT along with these MagnaFlow 35168 tips. ive had the tips for years just didnt feel like re-doing my exhaust so they didnt get used at the time.

got most of the work done on the control arms today. just got to mount the big bushing and they will be good to go.

edl-55762_w.jpg

mpe-35168_w.jpg