Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

White Halloween? That's Just Wrong

Frosty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Kiwi, I looooove my SiriusXM satellite radio!! 

i have it in the hellcat, but it doesnt work down under !!!!😢

frosty ! the other thing i note !!! those concrete highways !!! no pot holes like in this country !!!:stars:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i have it in the hellcat, but it doesnt work down under !!!!😢

frosty ! the other thing i note !!! those concrete highways !!! no pot holes like in this country !!!:stars:

We have a mixture of concreate and asphalt highways. Michigan has a lot of terrible roads because the state didn't invest to maintain the roads well enough in the last 3-4 decades. In fact our current governor originally campaigned "Fix the Damn Roads" slogan. It can't happen soon enough but the reality is both state and federal funding is not coming fast enough. 

Asphalt roads generate serious pot holes thanks the freeze/thaw process. Concrete heaves and buckles too. But take longer to get real bad. However decades of neglect gets you there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't know how much US fuel is excised at but if it's anything like the greedy Australian government, it'll be up to almost half. The billions they rake in do NOT go on road repairs. Instead, it ensures that the scumbags who are too lazy to go to work can sit around the house smoking cones, eating KFC and watching Dr Phill.

In some places, our national Highway 1 is a narrow goat track in need of constant repair and where trucks pass each other with inches to spare. I'll always remember driving across the US on interstate highways and marvelling at the amount of concrete they must have consumed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do enjoy driving cross country in the US, especially once I get into the mid-Atlantic and southern states, simply because their roads are in better shape. Either because of better highway maintenance or the freeze/thaw cycle doesn't take as big a toll on their roads as compared to the northern states, or both.

• Like 2