Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

6 hours ago, Tony Cabler said:

20220504_172501.thumb.jpg.d6d49686a3f44b9209c90a348dc30c5b.jpgBuilding my 3rd dragster, a 1963 Bonneville. Started today and hope to be finished and racing by april 2023...a 1200 HP Blown Alcohol big block should do the trick.Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

20220503_151532.jpg

It's a good start anyway! LOL!

Keep us in the loop on your progress Tony. We'd love to see how you build up your car.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'm really exited this time around. I've always wanted a big car and at 18 ft x 6 ft, this definitely fits the bill!

So far I've stripped the interior, taken out the windshield wiper system, removed everything out of the engine bay, and painted inner fenders.

Not much but it's a start! 

I work a schedule of 2 weeks on, 1 week off so it's gonna be slow goin...I'll try to keep consistent posts and pics. When I get back I'll cut the floors out and start the engine/trans initial fit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Great work.

I'd love to know how you put a '53 Chevy 5-window pickup on a S-10 frame. I've heard of guys doing it. I understand why, with the more modern suspension / 4-wheel disc brakes / V6-V8 power choices / etc. available. It makes for a great driving ride with available part. I am curious to know how much fab work is required to get the body, bed, and fender/grill mounts right.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

Thanks. I am familiar with C-notching the frame for air bags, which is cool. I'm more interested in how to measure up the frame to fab the mounts for the cab and bed and if you have to extend the front frame rails to support the front fenders, core support, and grille. I can see where an extended cab S-10 chassis is a better starting point. Any model year of extended S-10 chassis  better than others?

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Not really too familiar with this swap. We havent reached the core support or fender mounts yet. So far we've streched the fram 8" and installed the front bags. Next we C-notch and install the rear bags and the diff after we cut out 2" from it. From there, cab goes on after fabbing and installing the mounts. From there my son has the design job...I'm just the fabricator/welder. Hahaha...I have the easy part! I'll try to remember to keep you updated when we get further along.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Got my fibergass from VFN...The hood fit perfectly but the deck lid 🤯 not so much. I'm hopeful the bumpers fit. We'll see later today 🤞

20220813_100223.thumb.jpg.50358d762b4d804caa904378287445e5.jpg

20220813_100218.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Tony Cabler said:

Thanks but... This morning I may be picking up a '69 Road Runner and doing a forbidden swap. If I do get it, I have another BBC and a SBC that may be a substitute. They're normally aspirated and, for Bonnie this is for the best. The 1200 hp is just too much and it would take the life right out of her. I've decided to sell her as a drag racing "starter kit" with the intention of selling it cheap to allow a high schooler or a younger person to hopfully keep our hobby alive.

There you go Wrongway ! a drag car to keep your 63 company !

• Haha 2