Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

I am in need of a few things

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Once I get the chance I'll trace that red wire? That should be the power wire. 

I'm going to replace the carburetor next. Within a $250 max $300 as my grandma is possibly gonna help me with finding it. What do you guys recommend in the budget for a 2 barrel carburetor?

• 2 weeks later...

National Carburetor has a 1-year warranty.  $229.95 +$80 core charge.

https://nationalcarburetors.com/pontiac_c_43.html_8-cylinder-2-barrel-carburetor_1973

Summit Racing has some remanufactured 2 and 4 barrel carbs as well.

I found it with the gasket for a little cheap. Just under $200. Was wondering if that site is legit. 

If you are unsure, try calling and talking to someone. See if they know what they are talking about. If you are still uneasy, don't go with them, it's your money.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. It's moving stopping and running. Need to get the carburetor work done at some point, got a new relay for the power windows. If I can beat the storm tomorrow I will try to see if it's that 40 amp fuse. As I shoot it and wasn't sure if I could hear anything due to rain hitting the tarp. But it is a handful moving around. I need to look into replacing shocks as it's really bouncy and all that. Am really surprised how far I can see with the stock headlights that are as old as they are. Need to go through my fuse panel, anyone know how it comes off the firewall?

IMG_20220202_180243090.jpg

IMG_20220202_180254648.jpg

Ok. Am trying to figure out why I don't seem to have power to the relay. I'm thinking the wires go to a power block is not working. Or the power block is junk. 

Bad fuse? Some of your fuses looked to be in poor condition. Also, what did you determine regarding your 40A accessory fuse / circuit breaker (top left below the flasher).? In your photo it appeared to be missing. Is it there and in good condition?

I took it out to see if it was junk, don't hear anything rattling. I put for testing a 30amp. And have found that power isn't getting to the relay. There's this power block thing that could be junk as well. Also my dash light circuit has a short somewhere as the fuse pops. I tried with 5 amp as that's all I had and it went pop immediately. 

IMG_20220204_170131956.jpg

IMG_20220204_170128740.jpg

Above the the kick panel. Like a few inches up from the hood release, tucked just out of view

• 3 weeks later...

I got a new carburetor ordered. Was wondering if any of y'all had a tune I should put. I know that the transfer slots wanna be square, the mixture screws I'm less sure. Currently they are roughly 2.5 turns out

• 2 months later...

I have made a little headway. No power to the windows. Any ideas. Fuse is good and I have 0 power to the switches

4 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

I have made a little headway. No power to the windows. Any ideas. Fuse is good and I have 0 power to the switches

hi Gaetan ! i recall your fuse board was looking rusty, check that where the fuse is clipped in is clean.

used a multi-tester to check you have 12volts on both sides of that fuse mate... if you do... you then need to check that you have power at the switches... if you dont your looking for a broken/damaged  wire between the fuse panel and the switch cluster👍

good luck ! trust its getting a little warmer where you are !!

down under in nz its getting more and more winter like! we get nice sunny days and as soon as that sun goes down so does the temp !!!🥶

• Like 1

I have probed with my test light to verify that I have power. Though I think it may be time to install the wiring kit I bought at the tail end of winter. I'm not getting much if any light and I couldn't remember what fuse to look at 

I think it's time to get it all rewired. I ha have 0.02 volts. And I have it on the 20 setting. 

• Like 1

I bought a few months ago a long wire 23 circuit wiring kit from maxpeedingrods. From what I've heard they're pretty decent. 

• 1 month later...

Been awhile. Got it tuned up nicely. Still haven't probed the whole power windows issue yet. Last thing I found out was that some fuses didn't seem to have power so I plan on installing the kit I bought sometime soon. Just got to get my friend over for a few days. Also gave up on the factory exhaust pipe. My roommate is helping me make it go to a 2.5 to a dual setup. Won't be true duals but it's going to work. I'll be happy if I don't have to hear any exhaust leaks again. Also going with a detective style build. Got a RadioShack siren and a teardrop beacon at a yard sale. Gonna hopefully have some shenanigans once I get it fixed up. This was the best I got the exhaust too. Can't wait till I can get it running strong. And road legal. 

I also think it needs a set of plugs as it's been running rich and now it's running not great. It won't idle smooth and not sure why. 

• Like 2

It is shuddering at idle. It's not registered yet but I've gone up the road and back. It started shuddering after I put fresh gas in it's tank when it ran out. Yes I've checked the filter, pump, fuel was crystal clear and clean. Those plugs have been in almost a year of starts and stops with a couple of drives on them. The exhaust leak is pretty annoying so It's getting redone. 

• Sad 1

Well. Fixed it. Plugs are fine. Was points, cap and rotor that needed some cleaning 

• Like 2

I know. It's just remembering to always check simple things then jump to conclusions. 

Well then to just to conclusions 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1