Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Today we drink strong beer, eat poutine, and butter tarts

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Since you asked and since JUSTA and I live literally next door.....

I like a lot of different and unique cuisine. I like haggis, for example. The one thing from Canada I can't wrap my head around is poutine. Gravy on french fries - yum! Add chesse curds? Pass! You add melted cheese and I'm in. 

Music is a parody of Canada's National Anthem "O'Canada"

Technically Canada Day / Dominion Day is Canada's birthday. It celebrates the anniversary of Canadian Confederation which occurred on July 1, 1867, with the passing of the Constitution Act of 1867 where the three separate colonies of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick were united into a single Dominion within the British Empire called Canada. Canada became a "kingdom in its own right" within the British Empire commonly known as the Dominion of Canada.

Edited by Frosty
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

To notallthere, Professor, and Dualquadpete - and to all our other Canadian FP members......have a great Canada Day, eh!

3 hours ago, notallthere said:

Poutine if done right the cheese curds will melt.  You cook the fries and then add the room temperature curds.  Then you add the near boiling gravy and this will finish melting the cheese.

oh oh oh , i want !!!!😜..... oh and i bet its a nice rich beef gravy too !!!

• Like 1

Right Kiwi -  it has all the major cholesterol groups covered.

So what's wrong with pepper and ketchup on poutine? Since when is Quebec worried about cuisine faux pas? If I did it, would I get a ticket or would a RCMP come up to me and say  "sorry sir, about that, eh? Don't do it again" warning?

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Right Kiwi -  it has all the major cholesterol groups covered.

So what's wrong with pepper and ketchup on poutine? Since when is Quebec worried about cuisine faux pas? If I did it, would I get a ticket or would a RCMP come up to me and say  "sorry sir, about that, eh? Don't do it again" warning?

You know it's Maple syrup or nothin at all......:rofl:  Headin North for the cabin and the NO PHONE ZONE.....  Ahhhhhh  Safe weekend everyone.  Jet boat time!!!

• Like 1

Normally on the 4th of July, notallthere, his and my missus would be chucking candy at the kids in the Hadley Village parade with the Widetrackers. Not this year. Lucy is still disassembled and notallthere is still in locked down in Canuckistan.

18 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

oh oh oh , i want !!!!😜..... oh and i bet its a nice rich beef gravy too !!!

Is there any other kind?

• Like 1

Yup. the no name #10 can of beef gravy just like local burger joint opens.

image.png.a1f358c1d90c92b2889dc41bf59567e8.png

Ain't nothing in this world so simple that it can't be screwed up!

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1

Please we do no know such thing as gravy in a can.

• Haha 1

hmm, gravy doesn't come from a can frosty!!! it comes from a meat roast dish, after you drain off the fat and mix corn flour with all that yummy brown goodness left behind, from that beef you justA roasted!! :clapping:... dont think the can stuff can cut the mustards little lone the gravy train !!! haahha  :rofl:

https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/authentic-canadian-poutine/

this just makes my mouth water !!!!:cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

12 hours ago, notallthere said:

Please we do no know such thing as gravy in a can.

I call B.S.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.