Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Something new

64 kiwi boni

Hay, guys , i am doing a renovation at the beach and wanted  to show you what i found to use in the new bathroom for the shower

0CE92C5D-4C27-41D1-85E1-0DD2DA922E61.jpeg

EBAD2425-4DEF-4492-84A8-DED608555CB5.jpeg

This is a electronic thermostatic mixer valve that does away with the shower mixer or taps you would usually have to run your shower.

the module mounts in the ceiling and a data cable runs down in the wall too this control knob. you simply touch it to start and stop the flow, touch left or right to adjust the temp and scroll left or right to adjust the flow rate, its something new and felton asked me if i would trial one for them.

https://www.felton.co.nz/tate/tate-smartflow-digital-shower-mixer-chrome/

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

4 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Very cool! Not sure as an IT guy I want electronics near my shower but maybe that’s just me :lol: 

Man, what a lovely spot you got there!

Mate ,as a IT guy you would love a pcb thermostaticly controlled shower that doesn’t changed temperature while your in there and your good lady turns on the sink faucet to rinse a cup 🤪

• Haha 2

Ringo, you live in such a awsum location 

its way warmer where you are than here.

but here ... less people .

like I could go down to the beach right now and there would be no one for a mile 

• Like 1

• Founders
7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Mate ,as a IT guy you would love a pcb thermostaticly controlled shower that doesn’t changed temperature while your in there and your good lady turns on the sink faucet to rinse a cup 🤪

😂 . Our water heater just went out a couple weeks ago. Decided to upgrade to a tankless system hybrid. She hates it cause it takes a min or so longer to heat to the degree of the sun that she likes but man, so far, that thing is very cool and I like it. Saving a good chunk on gas. Never realized how much our old one ran till this. 

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Ringo, you live in such a awsum location 

its way warmer where you are than here.

but here ... less people .

like I could go down to the beach right now and there would be no one for a mile 

Less people is something right now I’d like to see. Yesterday, I drove out to almost the Everglades to get away and usually that road is empty. Season is here so all the people from up north are down and that drive had a lot of people on it.

I also haven’t been to the beach since this whole pandemic started.

Also could go for a little cooler weather. Been a hot summer but Always want what you don’t have :lol: 

9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Are you saying no more shrunken willies mate? Say it ain’t so? Send me the schematics and prints!

• Haha 1

While novel N cool, gotta go with Ringo on mixin electronics N water.   So how long to get parts when it screws up?  How much of the wall or shower has to come back out to work on it?   LMAO .....  this coming from the guy that couldn't understand why you couldn't JUSTA get up N chance the channel on the TV.   Instead you spend 10 mins searching the house for the remote.:willy_nilly:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

While novel N cool, gotta go with Ringo on mixin electronics N water.   So how long to get parts when it screws up?  How much of the wall or shower has to come back out to work on it?   LMAO .....  this coming from the guy that couldn't understand why you couldn't JUSTA get up N chance the channel on the TV.   Instead you spend 10 mins searching the house for the remote.:willy_nilly:

, yes True JustA, but you would have a water pump at your place? thats power with water, and electric jug, water bed, fish tank ? 😜

thing with this mixer valve is the power supply has a transformer down to 12 volts dc, plus the power supply too the transformer is on a rcd circuit (residual current device), that trips the circuit if there is a imbalance between the active and neutral withing 30 milliseconds)

basically you couldn't fry yourself if you stuck your fingers in the power socket:stars:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

I have a TON of tech in my house. I love it but none of it operates critical items or things like this are a little too close to shocking me for my comfort. Maybe in 5 years or more when they perfect it I'll be down :lol: 

Sissy! :rofl:

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

JUSTA - there were remote control when we were kids. JUSTA not the battery driven kind. Dad would whack one of us up the side of the head with a slipper or newspaper, and say "Hey kid, change the channel to Channel 4. It's time for Flipper!". We'd get up and turn the channel to Channel 4 and rub the back of our heads on the way back to our seats. It worked!

Got that backwards buddy.  Dad we are watching flipper or I'm gonna mess up the tin foil on the rabbit ears.   DAAAAD you can watch what you want in the living room.  We can't even go in there. 

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

, yes True JustA, but you would have a water pump at your place? thats power with water, and electric jug, water bed, fish tank ? 😜

thing with this mixer valve is the power supply has a transformer down to 12 volts dc, plus the power supply too the transformer is on a rcd circuit (residual current device), that trips the circuit if there is a imbalance between the active and neutral withing 30 milliseconds)

basically you couldn't fry yourself if you stuck your fingers in the power socket:stars:

Have installed ground fault plugs on everything close to water, including outside sockets and the 1st plug in my garage.  Saves me a trip inside when I pop the breaker on the ground fault.  Was more concerned about repair......When, it screws up.  Looks like your setup is/gonna be, buried in the wall.

Ok! Ok! Seriously! It’s 110! It’s not like you’re going to feel anything! I’ve been zapped several times in my life, (lucky bastard)! You just need to let go! :rofl: Ok so 50 volts or less and less than 1 amp can have you looking down on your own body! But it won’t hurt!😁

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Have installed ground fault plugs on everything close to water, including outside sockets and the 1st plug in my garage.  Saves me a trip inside when I pop the breaker on the ground fault.  Was more concerned about repair......When, it screws up.  Looks like your setup is/gonna be, buried in the wall.

ah, thats why its in the ceiling space mate, if it does shit itself for at least the next 5 years its under warranty, after that, well.... i will worry about it then, :cheers:

10 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Got that backwards buddy.  Dad we are watching flipper or I'm gonna mess up the tin foil on the rabbit ears.   DAAAAD you can watch what you want in the living room.  We can't even go in there. 

wtf !!! you had 2 tellys as a kid:o

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Ok! Ok! Seriously! It’s 110! It’s not like you’re going to feel anything! I’ve been zapped several times in my life, (lucky bastard)! You just need to let go! :rofl: Ok so 50 volts or less and less than 1 amp can have you looking down on your own body! But it won’t hurt!😁

yeah !! justA, whats wrong with a bit of electricity :o

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

If you said that to my dad!!! You'd have an ear ache and a butt ache and you'd miss "Flipper" because you were in your room crying:

image.thumb.png.e65e82aa32b043bee63664b56a5c2f19.png

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

ah, thats why its in the ceiling space mate, if it does shit itself for at least the next 5 years its under warranty, after that, well.... i will worry about it then, :cheers:

wtf !!! you had 2 tellys as a kid:o

We had JustA one black & white! Which I never saw since I was the antenna! 🥺

• Haha 2