Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Something new

64 kiwi boni

20 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Yea I walked with a limp for most of my childhood.  Remember..... our teachers could drill ya through the wall with a paddle as well. 

Fond memories JUSTA?

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

3 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Oh, sure you laugh, but I still have episodes of Dobie Gillis running around in my head! :willy_nilly:

Audio only though.

4 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Soooo you’re saying I hear voices in my head! Whew! I thought it was just in my head! :nuts:

last Indian, your safe as mate justA long as you dont talk back to them😜

i have this constant sqeeling noise, just cant tell if its tinnitus or the wife talking🙄 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i have this constant sqeeling noise, just cant tell if its tinnitus or the wife talking🙄 

Last Indian is in trouble if the voices don't like him!!! :wacko:

It's both - your wife talking and your body's natural defense mechanism - it's congenital mate. All married men have it.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

So I shouldn’t have said it was ok to let them spin my head around like a top?:slap:

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Last Indian is in trouble if the voices don't like him!!! :wacko:

Define don’t like! :badGT:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Define don’t like! :badGT:

Are the the voices telling you to do things like:  Clean your gun in public? Carry a knife like Crocodile Dundee? Tell the world that Putin is your kind of president? Your middle name should be changed to Gertrude? Rock on Liberace? Buy a Yugo?

• Haha 2

Man, I didn't realize it was that bad. You had better see a shrink. He's about the only one who has a chance of talking you out of a Yugo!

• Haha 1

So you have all seen my latest idea for a shower mixer 

I promised the boss that I would get the kids room lined before Xmas 

so this weekend has been gib board work... oh you guys call it dry wall 

A60B9072-EBDA-43E9-8EC2-48E548CCD43D.jpeg

But it’s beer o clock now 

0AA0FDFF-4DD1-4296-8DEA-54DC5EF8F190.jpeg

And I am sure your all like me... nothing like having a new tool in the armour of equipment to make life easier 😀

bought myself the Milwaukee dry wall screw gun.... it’s pretty cool 🍻

12E99382-098E-4A37-93CB-B376207582C4.jpeg

• Like 2

And it’s too rough to go fishing 

so the boss and I went out for a late lunch and now it’s beers time 👍

i am really hanging out to get this work finished and get back on the 64. I have more parts coming from rock auto 

and found the only place that sells the trans mount is Ames , so I have ordered that ,I have a local company rebuilding all the steering components. 

And hopefully I will get time to get my springs to the spring shop over in Rotorua which is an hour away from home . 👍

• Like 2

You will note the pink wood!! 

Its what we have to use these days for interior framing, the nz building act says we have to use kiln dried framing and they identify it by the pink die  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

yes i know what you mean Last indian!! 

wood full stop is a pain in the arse material, its not straight or gauged perfect and doesnt like water, !!

with plumbing its easy, all my material's are true, fit perfect and simply way easier to work with than wood.

here we cant get much fur anymore, mostly its all pine. 

i used to be a dewalt guy but as technology move forward and we got, better batteries, brushless motors and Milwaukee, simply was a better choice for a tradesman.

most of my gear is 18 volt but i do have the latest 12 volt ratchet 

https://www.milwaukeetool.co.nz/power-tools/impacts-and-fastening/impact-ratchets/M12FIR38LR-0.html

and it is certainly saved me some time!!! i used it to strip the 64 donor chassis, and no joke it would have save a hours worth of wrenching 👍

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Frosty said:

The job looks like it is progressing well. Muddling and sanding are the worst parts of the job for me. So much dust everywhere.

yeah frosty, i am not a fan of stopping, so for this project i am getting in the pro to gib stop the whole job once i have lined everything.

with this project i have a building consent and on friday i had the council inspector in to check off what we call the pre-line inspection, and he was all happy so i could move on with the lining.

then they come back and inspect all the bracing elements to ensure i have fixed all the screws at the correct locations as per the building code.

once that's signed off i can to my architraves and skirting, get my stopping guy in and get to paint.... but its just so closed to xmas now, i aint going to have the time,,,, work is going to get in the way.🙄

18 hours ago, Frosty said:

Keep up the good work! The missus will reward you with...more remodeling!

and yeah the boss has more plans for me!! 

something about changing some more windows at home to double glazing ones... thank fully there is only 3 more left to do and our home is fully double glazed then:stars:( its taken 3 years and over 25 k to do)

then i know whats shes going to want..... paint the whole bloody houses exterior again:stars:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/8/2020 at 3:07 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

yeah frosty, i am not a fan of stopping, so for this project i am getting in the pro to gib stop the whole job once i have lined everything.

with this project i have a building consent and on friday i had the council inspector in to check off what we call the pre-line inspection, and he was all happy so i could move on with the lining.

then they come back and inspect all the bracing elements to ensure i have fixed all the screws at the correct locations as per the building code.

once that's signed off i can to my architraves and skirting, get my stopping guy in and get to paint.... but its just so closed to xmas now, i aint going to have the time,,,, work is going to get in the way.🙄

and yeah the boss has more plans for me!! 

something about changing some more windows at home to double glazing ones... thank fully there is only 3 more left to do and our home is fully double glazed then:stars:( its taken 3 years and over 25 k to do)

then i know whats shes going to want..... paint the whole bloody houses exterior again:stars:

I have to ask this question - to all married men. Do women every help with the physical work of the remodeling. I don't mean the design, picking out the paint, or the wood trim or BS like than. I mean, here honey, here is a tape measure and a saw, cut a piece of 2 x 4 6' 5 3/4" long for me and bring it to me. Honey help be screw in this dryall.

My wife doesn't lift a finger to help. It must be "man's" work but I haven't figured out what "woman's" work is in her book either, I cause I seem to be doing a lot of other "woman's work" too. "I do" must also mean you are the pack mule now too.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

I have to ask this question - to all married men. Do women every help with the physical work of the remodeling. I don't mean the design, picking out the paint, or the wood trim or BS like than. I mean, here honey, here is a tape measure and a saw, cut a piece of 2 x 4 6' 5 3/4" long for me and bring it to me. Honey help be screw in this dryall.

My wife doesn't lift a finger to help. It must be "man's" work but I haven't figured out what "woman's" work is in her book either, I cause I seem to be doing a lot of other "woman's work" too. "I do" must also mean you are the pack mule now too.

and that mr Frosty is exactly what happens in our house hold too:o

there is lots of praise for the progress.... then ...... nothing, no oh sweet i can sweep up for you, or would you like a lift with that 2 ton beam, :rofl:

more like, why did you put that there???? did you ask me before doing that.... why is that there???... how big is my shower???, show me where the vanity unit is going???( theres a plan nailed on the wall with every detail shown!!!!!):rofl:

in some ways its just better if i am left too it.... way less stress:rofl:

i get the "oh i am old now i cant do this and i cant do that "..... so i just head down and get on with it......way less stress:rofl:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1