Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The wide track pontiac

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

30 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

feeling a little better JustA, 

boss was out all of yesterday so i cooked dinner and while frying, the bloody frying pan spat at me and no joke it nearly riped me open! the pain was like a 11🤢

today am much better ,walked to the letter box and felt pretty good.

still bored stiff... but got word that my van is all fixed and be ready late this afternoon, so i will get the boss to take me into town and drive it home....😏

fingers crossed i can drive... will see...AND if that goes ok, i am going to have a beer !:cheers:

Have 2....you are using the small glass right?:lol:

• Haha 2

He must be on the mend, there’s room for Jello and beer! Steak and kidney pie is next I reckon.

Glad to see your spirits are improving every day. 

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

Kiwi. '59 and later Pontiacs were all called "Wide Track" because Pontiac's cars were slgithly wider than their sister divisions and therefore handled a little bit better. "Wide Track" was turned into a very success marketing campaign for decades. Heck Pontiac even broguht iit back for use on the Gramd Prix GTP.

That said, I was confused when you mentioned that Rock Auto would have different ("wide track") axles for the Bonneville other than the standard 29 7/8" axle shaft. Now if you look at a '64 Chevy Biscayne/Belair, they have 28 7/8" axles. So you can see that the Pontiac's stock diff is two inches wider stock than the Chevy's. So perhaps that is what Rock Auto might be refering to.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2