Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

oh my god!!! THAT IS SO COOL :bowdown:to Last indian !!!.... that is such a nice thing for him to do!! hell we are complete strangers on the other side of the planet and you get treated like this!!!... stuff your 1 beer theory fitzy !!! lets shout them a pallet !!!!!!!..

so cool !!!:)

i bet you feel so humbled !! not many people give in this life! most justA take ! 

• Like 2

Today I put the 'F' in fun. Installed new correct 2 speed wiper/washer switch. I now have 2 speed wipers. I tried the wash function and it's trying to squirt water on the windscreen but there's just not enough pressure to push the water through effectively. There's a 'bellows' and a coupla little one way valves in there - I'm thinking after 56 years, those bellows are no longer bellowing and I won't be able to source replacements, so I'm gonna attach my new windscreen washer pump (from the kit that should be here soon) onto the factory washer bottle and that's another legal requirement taken care of.

I can't get the horns to work - I might do what Kiwi did and go aftermarket. I dearly want La Cucaracha ones, but that'll just incite road rage if I have to honk some jerk.

Then I looked at my cruddy old fuse box. I unbolted it from the firewall, took some pics, made some notes and then did the unthinkable: I cut the wires that feed into it. There's no other way to get that sucker out. Once out, I totally dismantled it and laboriously used the Dremel, emery cloth and a collection of wire brushes to get all that rust & crap off everything. I then tested every contact and every fuse with a multimeter and it's all good. All the bits are now fizzing away in a cup full of rust converter and by the time I reassemble everything and reattach all the wires (I'm gonna use spade connectors to make potential future removal simple) everything should work reliably and the heat issus might disappear.

Did someone say "sit down and have a beer?" Okay then.20220112_133753.thumb.jpg.e2baa8a4496d7ca3fbb2b91e62cc6b0e.jpg

• Like 2

Fitzy, I recommend mounting Last Indian's Indian Head through your grille, mate. You will note that there are provisions on the back to put threaded rod or bolts through it. So at a car show you can always point out you have a unique, hand made piece from your mate Last Indian in Ohio!

BTW - I am very familiar with the Hooters near my house. However, I much prefer the Hooters in Bay City - about 50 miles away, it's on the docks over looking the Saginaw Bay. Either one is fine - I like "wings" and beer mate! :cheers:

I might have to take you blokes to Vinsettas Garage for dinner if you show up. For two reasons, it's on legendary Woodward Avenue so it's an excuse to go cruise Woodward with you. Second Vinsettas was a working garage for 99 years before it was turned into a restaurant. I have pictures of Lucy in front of it before it was turned in the restaurant. So this will give us an excuse to perhaps catch up with Justa, Indyman Joe, and maybe even notallthere and his boss.

• Like 1

I like that - Frosty 'prefers' the other Hooters. How often is he there - every night by the sounds of it! Of course, the more FP members we meet (& others) the better. I can't possibly predict anyone's movements this year but here's hoping it will be this year. We are NOT coming in winter! And yes, I did take note of the threaded hole provision under that Indian head - I shall do you proud...once I sort the electrics and get the thing on the road. If it ever makes it to a car show (there's not many up here where I live) I will be sure to attach all relevant paraphernalia that you have sent me so that the car will be dripping with a tiger tail, various ornaments, stickers and I'll have to wear 3 hats.

• Haha 1

I truly have create an Aussie monster, haven't I ?!?!!

I shall enjoy the wearing of the three hats the most. Pointing and ridiculing is what we do best mate! :cheers:

My point about Hooters was simply we have "choices" mate. We can sample different atmospheres! Ambiances! Yeah, that's the ticket!

• Haha 1

• Founders
2 hours ago, Frosty said:

My point about Hooters was simply we have "choices" mate. We can sample different atmospheres! Ambiances! Yeah, that's the ticket!

don't forget twin peaks, tilted kilt, some great ambiances out there

11 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

don't forget twin peaks, tilted kilt, some great ambiances out there

Good point Ringo. Sadly the Tilted KIlt closed in 2018 here in Michigan.

Twin Peaks, however, is a possibility. In fact, one of them is near Toledo and Dix, where the old Detroit Dragway use to be. Unfortunately today the property is now a trucking warehouse.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Whatever happened to blade fuses with legacy fuse ends? They sold them for a very brief period of time back in the 80s or 90s, but they weren't popular and they've disappeared completely. I wish I recall who sold them. We could certain use them instead of these cheap glass POS or having to re-wire the whole car with a new harness justa to get modern blade fuses.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

You know, in retrospect I should have had the car rewired when it was a shell but I could see the black hole of money just getting bigger & bigger. The 'plan' was never going to encompass all these extra bits & pieces. Never mind - I'm still alive and the car seems happy.

Here's a curly one: the other day I was bragging about how everything is working and life is great. Well, not EVERYTHING was working. I knew I had a problem with the feed that powers the tail lights & number plate light. I had everything working months ago but now, I've got headlights (both beams) but no tail lights nor instrument lights. I already have the wires that supply those 2 circuits connected but I cannot get power to them. So, I pull my brand new GM replacement light switch and it turns out it's faulty. I hot wired those 2 circuits to 12 volts and hey presto - it's all there. I mention this as a public service: don't ever assume that those nice new electrical components are always gonna work. I spent hours contorted under the dash, sweating & swearing because I couldn't figure out why there was no power to that feed. I have given up and ordered a generic light switch that I will discreetly mount under the dash and that'll be that.

Brake lights. Yes. Back up lights. Yes. All headlights & tail lights. Yes. Wipers & washers. Yes. Oh, that reminds me - I had to make a slight adjustment to my 'clap hands' wipers to stop them from fighting each other when it came time to park. They seem happy now. Like Kiwi, I'm going to mount a coolant overflow bottle, but unlike him, because my car has a crossflow radiator, the available space (width) is limited to 100mm.

Nothing else to report, really. Bloody Kiwi is stealing the limelight with those magnificent looking wheels!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Here's a curly one: the other day I was bragging about how everything is working and life is great. Well, not EVERYTHING was working. I knew I had a problem with the feed that powers the tail lights & number plate light. I had everything working months ago but now, I've got headlights (both beams) but no tail lights nor instrument lights. I already have the wires that supply those 2 circuits connected but I cannot get power to them. So, I pull my brand new GM replacement light switch and it turns out it's faulty. I hot wired those 2 circuits to 12 volts and hey presto - it's all there. I mention this as a public service: don't ever assume that those nice new electrical components are always gonna work. I spent hours contorted under the dash, sweating & swearing because I couldn't figure out why there was no power to that feed. I have given up and ordered a generic light switch that I will discreetly mount under the dash and that'll be that.

mate its a slide switch... there is really nothing to them. pull your factory one apart , clean all the contacts . and i bet its like new !

29 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Nothing else to report, really. Bloody Kiwi is stealing the limelight with those magnificent looking wheels!

gota love bling mate :cheers:.... having said that, they are a pita as it was lots of work and i am totally over it !!!

and like two lane said way back... check all your earths!!! 99.9% of issues are with poor earths ..... i found that with my girl. on the tail lights, the front park lights and even the head lights !!

• Like 1