Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

All the above doubled up, so I just deleted it. I don't know about anyone else, but some weird shit happens here when I post something.

Edited by Fitzy
  • Confused 2

• Founders
5 hours ago, Fitzy said:

All the above doubled up, so I just deleted it. I don't know about anyone else, but some weird shit happens here when I post something.

Sorry about that. Is the submit button just sitting there when you submit a post and it takes a while? If so, this is something our software vendor is working on. An issue with the JavaScript that runs it. Can try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, back home again for another week. I have an engine to put back together, door panels to engineer & install, a property to look after and a sex mad woman to service. I wonder when she's turning up?

Anyway, I got skin cancers getting cut out tomorrow (woop woop!) and a list of crappy jobs to complete around the place before I can even look at the car. Just quickly, at 3am this morning I finally figured out how I was going to get those door panels to affix to the doorskins. After much scouring of various websites (got too much time on your hands? Google 'car interior fasteners' and sit back and marvel at what is available) I decided on Xmas tree clips. I then carefully dummy fitted the panels and marked where the clips should go so as to line up with the now bare holes where the nylon grommets used to live. I drilled holes through the new cards and pushed the clips through. I now need to glue all remaining vinyl upholstery around those clips, fit the GP badge, red reflector, door lock ferrule and chrome strip above the carpet and eventually snap that baby into place. I'll post pics tomorrow - too damn hot right now.

Australia is the skin cancer capital of the world: the price we pay for being an imported European breed into a part of the world where the locals have black skin for a good reason. Never mind - beer will dull yet another unpleasant memory of tomorrow's procedure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Hey Everyone, back home again for another week. I have an engine to put back together, door panels to engineer & install, a property to look after and a sex mad woman to service. I wonder when she's turning up?

Anyway, I got skin cancers getting cut out tomorrow (woop woop!) and a list of crappy jobs to complete around the place before I can even look at the car. Just quickly, at 3am this morning I finally figured out how I was going to get those door panels to affix to the doorskins. After much scouring of various websites (got too much time on your hands? Google 'car interior fasteners' and sit back and marvel at what is available) I decided on Xmas tree clips. I then carefully dummy fitted the panels and marked where the clips should go so as to line up with the now bare holes where the nylon grommets used to live. I drilled holes through the new cards and pushed the clips through. I now need to glue all remaining vinyl upholstery around those clips, fit the GP badge, red reflector, door lock ferrule and chrome strip above the carpet and eventually snap that baby into place. I'll post pics tomorrow - too damn hot right now.

Australia is the skin cancer capital of the world: the price we pay for being an imported European breed into a part of the world where the locals have black skin for a good reason. Never mind - beer will dull yet another unpleasant memory of tomorrow's procedure.

mate! that is soo good that you have found those cancers!! 

if you didn't !!! guess what !!! yip .... no pontiac fun for you... just death !!! happy happy joy joy !!! NOT 

now go cut those mother f-cker out and get back to what you love! including that girl :cheers:

nz is just as bad for skin cancer as you guys !!...

• Like 2

It's okay - I'm still alive after being comprehensively sliced up this morning. The doctor took some skin from my ear and grafted it to what was left of my poor nose. I look like an Egyptian mummy right now, and shall continue to do so for 7 days. Let me just say: beer & antibiotics are a great (but not recommended) combo. I never saw no purple wallabies here before today! So I have a week off work, which means 3 weeks off. Great - can do some gentle work on the car.

Here's a pic of my original seat belts and my progress on the door trims. Some more vinyl glueing and attachment of interior jewellery and I reckon I'm so close. It's kinda a big deal for me to attach those trims, coz that signifies the conclusion of the interior fitout. You gotta remember, the car's interior was shot when I got it - 2 years ago.

20211203_140824.jpg

20211203_140847.jpg

Edited by Fitzy
Double up on photo
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

I'm still alive after being comprehensively sliced up this morning. The doctor took some skin from my ear and grafted it to what was left of my poor nose.

well done mate! glad they didnt take it off some where else and stick it on your nose !! :picard:

beer and chips work good mate :cheers:

wow! how did your car get retract lap belts !!!

thats so cool! :cheers:

and you have done a great job of that interior !🙏 image.png.fbabb09e59ea829f11912c1f861801ad.png

image.png.fbabb09e59ea829f11912c1f861801ad.png

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

I never saw no purple wallabies

aren't they  grey??????

we do get them here but mostly found dead on the side of the road! i saw one justa 3 weeka ago .... road kill that is !

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 1

You might find some on ebay. Similar vintage Chev or Buick should be the same. Perhaps Frosty or JustA could keep an eye out for you when their swap meets occur. That reminds me, we need to get over there for a catch up, once the Omicron variant extinguishes most of humanity.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

fitzy that is a BIG box to tick off completing your interior !!!!! :cheers:

1 minute ago, Fitzy said:

You might find some on ebay. Similar vintage Chev or Buick should be the same. Perhaps Frosty or JustA could keep an eye out for you when their swap meets occur. That reminds me, we need to get over there for a catch up, once the Omicron variant extinguishes most of humanity.

yeah nah.... its not going kill us off mate!! we have been vaxed!!!! its all we have!!! 

i am in good health..... its my boss i worry about, shes got autoimmune issues.... and being a plumber i could bring any old thing home.... but certainly dont want it to be our latest mate!!! omnicron!

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Fitzy said:

Yes mate. When you consider that I stripped it to almost nothing and started over, I suppose it is a big deal. Once the engine goes back in, the only potential component left to give me any grief is the auto. Fingers crossed.

yeah but you have a turbo 400.... its a good trans and easy to fix!!! one year earlier and you have what i have and no trans shops want to touch them!!! 

• Like 2

We're still coming over there, apparently some time next year. If you'd like me to send you those external mirrors, just say so.

• Like 1

oh my one is the other way round!!! ther is 3 trees already up!!! ones pink!!!!! no joke!!!

i guess it a case of what ever spins your wheels aye!

5 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

We're still coming over there, apparently some time next year. If you'd like me to send you those external mirrors, just say so.

hell no !!! i want personally delivered!!! :cheers:

i am sure it will all settle down and we can get some sort of normality !!!

hay bathurst sunday!!!! :cheers:

• Haha 2

tomorrow here is national crate day!!! thats when we drink the big bottles only !!! which is always fun!! 

then just to make a really good weekend of it, i will be off to the trcc club to watch van Gisbergen kill the mountain..... :cheers:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/87067176/how-new-zealands-national-crate-day-came-to-be