Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

nice work mate... that carb gasket looks justA like mine:cheers:

whats up with your computer mate? thought ringo would have rebooted your ram and stuck a hard drive in your software and all would be sorted ???:rofl:

or is it a dilithium crystal issue? ,, i have that after eating to many pickles :rofl:

on fire fart GIF

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

7 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Like sex & vegetables: you can't overdose.

But Willie will die of malnutrition and neglect.....sad really when you think about it.

• Haha 2

No need for plastigage. I quizzed the machinist and everything has been honed, checked & micrometered. Honestly, crank is a perfect fit. Those guys actually fitted everything and I said you might as well assemble the bottom end whilst you're there anyway, but they don't assemble engines. For the money I shelled out, I expect a perfect fit too!

6 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Famous last words ! :rofl:

wonder why they don’t assemble engines ????? :rofl:

I would check their work mate ,,, other wise you know what’s gona happen at 3 am aye !!! 

Hate to say it, but the engine on my stand with all my blower parts ran all of 5 min and had to be pulled right back out to sit on that stand for the next 20 yrs. (that'll teach it a lesson!!!!)  Need to figure out what bearing is wrong.  Thinkin it'sa cam, but could be a wrist pin as he installed my new forged pistons as well.  

• Like 2

I was happy to do it mate! :cheers:  You'll notice this didn't take as long as the tach did.

So think of it "I cruised Woodward for Fitzy!"

Enjoy it bud. You can brag to your mates once the car is back together! 

Hopefully this means you and Kiwi will join Justa and me on Woodward in the near future - once this crazy lockdown BS is over with.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You know what - I might just make that trip my last one. We are due to go to NZ next year and I announced to my missus that would be my final OS trip, but enticing me to go to the US for cars & beers and sitting in a lobster shack for the rest of the afternoon is a pretty easy thing to do. Kiwi and I can tee something up, I'm sure. It would be an honour to meet you guys in person and I reckon we could make at least one evening devolve into the sort of beer soaked bloodbath that we all love so much. If there's one thing I love, it's chugging a heap of beers and then falling outside with the munchies and locating somewhere that sells tacos or burgers or pastrami sandwiches, or golden fried chicken. Yeah, we've got all that too, but the Yanks do fast food better.  Mind you, when you boys come over here, one of our burgers with the lot is gonna knock you flat.

I positioned two of Frosty's latest gifts in what I consider to be prime locations: one is on my beer fridge (hallowed ground) and the other above my workbench. In fact, with the tacho, tiger tail, baseball caps, pins & decals, he's just about moved in! I hope you like short, cranky women Frosty: taming the beast I call my missus will surely be your greatest challenge. No, of course she hasn't read this: I wanna live a bit longer.

20211106_152348.jpg

20211106_152426.jpg

20211106_170605.jpg

Edited by Fitzy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

I was happy to do it mate! :cheers:  You'll notice this didn't take as long as the tach did.

So think of it "I cruised Woodward for Fitzy!"

Enjoy it bud. You can brag to your mates once the car is back together! 

Hopefully this means you and Kiwi will join Justa and me on Woodward in the near future - once this crazy lockdown BS is over with.

i am in !!! :cheers:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

For the record, Frosty did NOT use USPS this time, and that's why his stuff turned up this year and not the next!

I just wanted to give a shout out to Ringo who appears to have fixed my connection problem.  Can you believe that this was the only site on the Internet that I couldn't access? Wait a minute...have you guys done something...? Anyway, I'm back, so stand by for much hilarity as I continue to jam engine components into places they're not supposed to go. Having said that, I can't do anything more until the tapered ring compressor turns up, so a coupla weeks.

wow thats cool that Ringo sorted it mate :cheers:

• Like 2

HAY !!! whats with that tiny fridge?? is that your fishing bait fridge? 

cant be your beer fridge it wouldnt fit any more than a box in it, wtf !! 

you live on the hottest  part of the planet , you must have a REAL fridge for beers!!

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Mate - I'm so proud of you. Look at the progress you've made. A little over a year ago you couldn't spell it, now you are one!

A Ponti-yacker!!!! Well done mate! :cheers:

Oh and a bottle in front of me beats a frontal lobotomy!

• Haha 2

Yo Frosty, I'll let you know re coming swap meet frenzy. Like Kiwi, I think I've got everything but there must be something. Another tacho as an ornament perhaps and for some reason I feel some urgency in procuring a spare set of 65 GP tail lights, as they were a one model one year item. Anyway, keep us posted as to the next meet you guys will be going to.

We'll buy the beers when we come over for a visit as a thank you. Pabst Blue Ribbon for all!

• Haha 1