Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

I delivered the block, heads, crank, flex plate, balancer, pistons & rods to the machinist today and said "I want 1000hp." Well, no not really. He'll get back to me once they've taken their measurements and had a good laugh at the inch wide cracks in the block & crank. If anyone wants to send me a message, I'll be awake at 3am.

is it 3 am yet fitzy...????

look at what these guys have ...

https://www.bopengineering.com/beltdrive_acc_topend4.shtml

• Like 2

FItzy - what sort of cam are you thinking of going with for the old girl?

Degreeing a cam (in theory) should be done to insure maximum performance, helps prevent piston-to-valve contact, and protects against assembly error. If you are going with a custom grind, degreeing would be a must. A stock and near-stock grind not so much but still a very good idea.

I suspect the best person to talk to on this subject maybe Two Lane. He has built several big blocks in the past.

Edited by Frosty
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Uh, sure. But if I screw it up and end up coated in a blizzard of metal flakes and busted valves, don't laugh too hard.

:rofl:Everybody knows the valves go throught the pistons 1st. Kinda like rock/ paper/ sissors.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Uh, sure. But if I screw it up and end up coated in a blizzard of metal flakes and busted valves, don't laugh too hard.

mate you wont !!

yeh of little faith !!! :cheers:... i have already learned your a thinker !

you know your shit 👍... plus it will be fun!! you learn ...... we learn !!! how bad could it :dancingpontiac:get ???

image.png.b0b9d83c76ceaaeb3f1c983c7b24874e.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Yep. See that mushroom cloud? That's the initial start up of my expensive totally overhauled engine. That small lump of charred flesh on the ground, holding a wrench? That'll be me.

No that will be our appliance company if they don't show up again.  Been without a washer N drier for 3 weeks after they missed the 1st delivery.  Hauled our old working stuff outside to promptly sit out in the rain.  Already missing the 1st 3 days of vacation at the cabin and getting ready for the bow deer season.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Already missing the 1st 3 days of vacation at the cabin and getting ready for the bow deer season.

oh, takes some pictures if you get any deer JustA 👍

JustA watch out for those bears!!!:unsure:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Yeah Justa......watch out for them bears!!!! :rofl:

image.thumb.png.4ee3529f108d4c136de40d503092c7f2.png

Bears are all I have to worry about.  Deer season doesn't start til Oct 1st.   Have an hour left on the window to deliver the damn washer N dryer.  Wife is bouncin off the walls.  Headin out to mow the lawn.

car_police_zpsbe37c72c.gif

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Haha 1

Here's the link to that little soundclip on a GTO forum:

https://www.gtoforum.com/threads/067-or-068-cam-on-stock-gto.131485/post-868245

Today, I sighed heavily and dragged my headers outa the shed and took all that lurid blue paint off. I'm going to clear coat them and that's good enough. I left the slightest tinge of blue on them, so they might end up with a weird looking sort of factory hue.

Old MacDonald had a farm. I know this, because I found most of it inside my distributor. I keep banging on about my car being stored in what I assume was a barn, because I keep finding grass seeds everywhere. That particular seed in the pic, along with other detritus was wedged under the points plate! You tell me how the f@#k that got in there??? Dizzy looks to be in good nick - no excessive play anywhere, weights move freely and vac advance unit diaphragm is intact. The points were toast, though. Once cleaned up, I'll fit my new points, condenser, rotor, cap & leads.

I might rebuild the Carter tomorrow. Unlike Kiwi, I'm going to remove Satan's horsepower reducing device and will shred tyres whilst idling.

20210910_143826.jpg

20210910_141948.jpg

20210910_163825.jpg

20210910_163721.jpg

Edited by Fitzy
Double up on photo
  • Like 2

I suspect barn critters like mice, rats, chipmunks, and other little wee beasties (as my Scottish aunt would call them) deposited them there over time. Bloody rude of them, don't you think? :angry:

• Haha 2

JustA, I don't know how you manage to come up with the right image every time! That one is truly horrifying. Gives new meaning to ratatouille.

• Haha 2

Yes, I have. Dave is a good bloke and to be frank, whilst some of the prices are out there, Dave will come to the party when something can't be supplied. He certainly came through for me when he supplied superior shocks for my car at the unsupplied cheaper price. Like everything else, do your research, factor in shipping and potential customs excise and see how the landed price looks. Remember, every time you engage a third party, they have to get their cut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1