Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

guess ill say hey in here ...

since i already posted and talked some a few of you i guess ill say some things about myself in here

first off HEY!

..lol

clearly based on my name I'm not just a person i plan on being a vendor here and offering great products and sales. but other then that I'm a real person not a robot. often you will read things from me as a person rather then a online store. rather then be a robot all about what i sell I'm a really real person that enjoys Pontiac's. i think i cried when i heard the news of no more Pontiac's. ill admit that. iv owned a few and been in the drivers seat of more then i can count.

I'm no stranger to online forums. been running one since 1996 and i co own my own car club.

i do a lot of trips in the summer months with my car to local car shows. iv been from here (new brunswick Canada) to as far as NH for a car show and drag racing. altho the time slips arnt nothing to brag about. this past season was the first official year my car was finished to the point i wanted to enter it in shows. iv won 5 or 6 awards ar different shows around Atlantic Canada this past season. work on my car and taking it places it my hobby.

i landed myself a job doing car stereo installs last year loved it. but due to reasons out of my control i was layed off. this is how i ended up in the decal /sticker boat. wanted to be my own boss and run things how i wanted . what i figured was a small venture has turned into a full time job 7 days aweek (most of the time) its been less then 6 months and things are fantastic....

now my car.. i own a 2007 Pontiac g5 gt . love it most days. its not with out its issues. but i love it. plan on keeping it for ever 41640kms on it right now you can see pics of it here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3321901

i think that about covers the basics. any other questions feel free to ask!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome! Another Canadian too.

I like the Pontiac Pursuit. G5 just sounds bland and soulless. There's a local by me, with an L61 powered G5 rabadged as a Pursuit.

Any mods planned?

' date='Oct 26 2010, 03:17 PM' post='39488']

Welcome! Another Canadian too.

I like the Pontiac Pursuit. G5 just sounds bland and soulless. There's a local by me, with an L61 powered G5 rabadged as a Pursuit.

Any mods planned?

there isnt much more i can do to it at this point..lol

gonna lower it or put it on bags not sure yet what ill go with.

possible lambo doors .. i know i know.. but it spends its time in car shows not walmart parking lot so anything to get attention. and body kit is in the plans. other then that ill probably turbo it once the warrenty is gone

id love it if it was anything but red haha

..lol whats wrong with red?

there isnt much more i can do to it at this point..lol

gonna lower it or put it on bags not sure yet what ill go with.

possible lambo doors .. i know i know.. but it spends its time in car shows not walmart parking lot so anything to get attention. and body kit is in the plans. other then that ill probably turbo it once the warrenty is gone

..lol whats wrong with red?

I hate red on cars..not only is it ugly but ypur insurance is higher on red cars believe it or not.

i like some red cars but i just idk ick nothing against you because i love what you have done to the car i just dont like the color haha

• Founders

:dancingpontiac:

Looks good, agree with Em on the red. Just not my color of choice :dancingpontiac:

Otherwise looks really good! I would really say don't go with the lambo doors, time and money can be better spent with the engine and get way better results at car shows :lurking:

seems that if i lose at a car show i lose it a sunfire with 1/3 of the work and money i have into my car but it has lambo doors ... i figure then id win?..lol

the doors are huge to open it would also making it easyer with out having a 4 parking space buffer to open the doors. it also allows people look in the car better. i wouldnt buy the car new and have it a week with hubcaps and slap the doors on. i dont know im still thinkin about it. wont be till next car show season anway.

Hey, welcome to the site. Nice G5 ya got there. I actually think it looks decent in red, and the wheels, tinted tails, etc you got go along with the color.

As for shows.... eh, I have a love hate relationship with them. I've been in my fair share of them. Won some big trophies at some and lost at others due to BS judging. And it really does depend on the judges. Some shows they just give you points for any and every modification done, even if it's tasteless. Other shows they look at the overall quality and scheme of the car. If you want to make just a show car, then lambo doors might score a few points at the right type of show.

Personally I think they are played out and unnecessary, and they are not practical for most cars. Plus they can cause fitment and sealing issues with your doors. That said, if you like 'em and that's the style you want for your car, then do what you like! :( Just do yourself a favor and spend the time/money for a quality kit and proper install.