Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

FWD ground pounder - Last Indian

2 hours ago, Last Indian said:

The Indian’s 3800 engines sound and tires squawking!

This might work better?!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApYhZl8sk2DFnhuhvvsQ4dBYqCTx

That works.   Sounds good.    Bwaaaa eeerp....opps 35 speed limit.

smiley-transport027.gif

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Take a ride with the Indian through some tight cures.

this might work better?!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApYhZl8sk2DFnhwmy74uJ57mrln9

Those roads look like a blast to drive.  Thankz for sharing.

Pontiac logo head.jpg

• Like 1

I wasn’t sure how good the sound would come across, the 3800 with the right setup can sound pretty healthy. 

Some of the roads in this area are fun to drive. Some like the S turns in the video are really good to run to tune a suspension, very similar to some road courses I ran back in the day!

Some are the same ones I used to setup the Z when I raced it!

ahh, those were the days, now in a couple more years if I try that the electric cord will get wrapped around the wheel!:D

Edited by Last Indian

About 10 to 12 years ago I saw a front bumper cover add on that I thought looked good on the 97-03 generation GP. It seemed to improve what I always thought was the visually weak point of the front end. I never proceeded with purchasing it because I was sure there was no way it would stay on or fit right for the long term since it was only held on by two way tape. It was also way over priced. That said, I finally decided to buy it and incorporate it into a new front bumper cover by physical cutting it to fit and bonding it to a new cover. Then meticulously blending it into a seamless one piece cover. This has been extremely painstaking and time consuming. Some of the design of the original piece I have changed, such as the lower bottom lip that runs under the two large air inlets was cut down 1

0F89311F-6E0D-492F-8434-741984A01E39.jpeg

2E751A5D-7DDD-4E31-B22C-498EA7083A59.jpeg

7897D98E-0B27-4FC7-B804-8462BD07AF2E.jpeg

Justa, cars all put up? I put the Indian up Sunday, it was a beautiful day! 

I’m not sure how this new cover/add on piece will turn out. We’ll see what I looks like on the car. Hoping to at least get it in primer before winter! 

54 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Justa, cars all put up? I put the Indian up Sunday, it was a beautiful day! 

I’m not sure how this new cover/add on piece will turn out. We’ll see what I looks like on the car. Hoping to at least get it in primer before winter! 

Mines done for the year.  Slipped into the 60's today after a run of unheard of 70's the last week or so.  Now talkin snow next weekend.  Pulling the dash on the GTO, replacing my climate controls (have new cables in)  replace the veneer if I can match the console.  Guy that was gonna help me with the stain, his wife just went into hospice. You know what that's all about. I'd like to get it done and glued into place before the real cold sets in.  Been workin on the fleet of daily drivers, and a ton of yardwork.  

I am enjoying Last Indian''s fab work here too. I am impressed. I'd love to have that much spare time on my hands to begin with.  I hope to get there some day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

I am enjoying Last Indian''s fab work here too. I am impressed. I'd love to have that much spare time on my hands to begin with.  I hope to get there some day.

Frosty, I hate to disappoint you, but it only gets worse! I use to think like you because I would work 10 hours, once in a while 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Still I would do major car construction, add on to a house, by myself, 4 times and so no. Now retired 2 years, still physically fit, haven’t slowed down and I feel like I can’t find time too scratch my, well you know! I feel a little like :willy_nilly:

Last Indian, every retiree I know tells me the same thing. They are busier now than when they were working. Okay I accept that for a moment. Does that mean any of them want to go back to their old job? The answer is a universal heck no.

So that means they have filled their career/working time with hobbies, spending time with the grand kids/family, volunteer/community service work, honey do list, doctors appointments, or bucket list activities. Essentially things they enjoy doing (for the most part). Also, ever day for a retiree is essentially Saturday.

So what am I missing? Besides the reduction in pay and benefits?

Edited by Frosty

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Last Indian, every retiree I know tells me the same thing. They are busier now than when they were working. Okay I accept that for a moment. Does that mean any of them want to go back to their old job? The answer is a universal heck no.

So that means they have filled their career/working time with hobbies, spending time with the grand kids/family, volunteer/community service work, honey do list, doctors appointments, or bucket list activities. Essentially things they enjoy doing (for the most part). Also, ever day for a retiree is essentially Saturday.

So what am I missing? Besides the reduction in pay and benefits?

Buddy you are correct! That’s the same story I always got too! What I meant by implying busier is that before retirement we perceive more “free” time when we retire and, at least for me, that wasn’t the case. Do I enjoy retirement? Yes! Would I go back to the work I did, in a heartbeat! I loved what I did, but as my wife always told me, “you don’t work you play all day”! As I think I told you before, because of the type of R&D work I did and all the different types of machines I was involved with there was never a boring minute! That said, when the time comes for you to retire I know you’ll enjoy it! And I will wish a very long, healthy, fun filled retirement for you!

• Like 1

Thank you sir.

Retirement is my fondest wish in next 4.5 years. While I like my current job and colleagues, working in the IT business the last 35 years is not something I would ever repeat. There has been such constant change and a lack of security and loyalty to IT workers that I would never recommend it to my kid.  I switched companies 3 times in 27 years without ever leaving my desk. The people and camaraderie is what I miss about my GM days. I've been unemployed and under employed more in the last 8 years than one person should have to endure. So going back to work (in IT) is not something I would ever look forward to once I retire.

So what do you fill all your time with? 

• Founders
33 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Retirement is my fondest wish in next 4.5 years. While I like my current job and colleagues, working in the IT business the last 35 years is not something I would ever repeat. There has been such constant change and a lack of security and loyalty to IT workers that I would never recommend it to my kid.  I switched companies 3 times in 27 years without ever leaving my desk. The people and camaraderie is what I miss about my GM days. I've been unemployed and under employed more in the last 8 years than one person should have to endure. So going back to work (in IT) is not something I would ever look forward to once I retire.

That's rough to hear. I think it's all about the employer however and part of IT you're in. A good part of the last 20 years, I've been self-employed. Some contracts I had it was like you were the scum of the earth, not appreciative in the least. Others it felt like you were part of their team and respected for your knowledge.

Same goes for my full time work. Last company I was with for 6 years changed ownership of my department like the seasons. Before I left, I felt like I was expected to be a damn machine turning out code and was expected to turn something over the second it was requested, freaking ridiculous. Current company, I feel highly respected, am running my own team the way I want and overall empowered to do what I need to for the company.

The ever changing IT life is a story for another day :lol:

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Thank you sir.

So what do you fill all your time with? 

5 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

That's rough to hear. I think it's all about the employer however and part of IT you're in. A good part of the last 20 years, I've been self-employed. Some contracts I had it was like you were the scum of the earth, not appreciative in the least. Others it felt like you were part of their team and respected for your knowledge.

Same goes for my full time work. Last company I was with for 6 years changed ownership of my department like the seasons. Before I left, I felt like I was expected to be a damn machine turning out code and was expected to turn something over the second it was requested, freaking ridiculous. Current company, I feel highly respected, am running my own team the way I want and overall empowered to do what I need to for the company.

The ever changing IT life is a story for another day :lol:

I empathize with both of you in your unappreciated experiences. I was very lucky to be one place for 39 years. How I got here is to much of a story, but similar with regard to respect, but in the end it work out! I was discovered so to speak and 35 of 47 years of work where incredible. I find it sad when an employer is so bad at picking talent or recognizing it, while thinking the guy licking his backside is his savior. Companies falter because they loose their identity and start to follow a trend or an other company or heaven forbid the almighty dollar! I learned a long time ago that nothing beats a man that’s good at his craft! That doesn’t apply to those who don’t care about being good at their craft.

To answer your question Frosty, I try to stay in shape, so I work out daily. I have the endless honey do list, that i’m Quite sure isn’t standard for most husbands, like build me a bathroom, reside the house, etc, and I mean me! Not hire it! Build them a house and they expect a palace. I have about 400 plants on my property that always need taken care of. I built a 400 sq. Ft raised patio last year 30 ton of sand moved by hand, 15 ton of stone. Cars, cars and more cars! My wife and I travel some and if I run out of stuff to do, my 44 year old daughter always has something she needs! 

See why I would go back to work! :D

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

Play more Volleyball....:lol:  Awesome frustration release.  The DO list never gets smaller no matter how hard you try.  Older the kids....bigger the problems.  Justa gettin used to the empty nest, and now have my oldest daughter back home. And all that goes with that.  On the  plus side, Justa dropped a turkey in the smoker.  Good eatin AND early Vball game tonight. 

Hey buddy! Thanks! That was a lot of sand & stone to move for the patio. How did the volleyball go?

3 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Beautiful home. Lots to be proud of there.

Hey buddy! Thanks! That was a lot of sand & stone to move for the patio. How did the volleyball go?

Kicked some tail tonight.  Hope we are back on track after losing 3 of 5 games last week using 2 sub's. Had fun, that's the main thing.

10 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Kicked some tail tonight.  Hope we are back on track after losing 3 of 5 games last week using 2 sub's. Had fun, that's the main thing.

Copy that!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Finished up the last of the detailing of the front cover and add on lower section and put it in primer. I won’t be able to put it in base coat/clear coat till next spring. So I’ve started the new Pontiac arrowhead for this cover and a new splitter for this cover since the lower part of this cover will substantially different. 
I thought I might show the making of the custom arrowhead to start.

E7721018-9677-4B88-B3E6-788103380AF3.jpeg

How do you bend a 3/4” aluminum plate? A really big hammer!

4A6263E1-222A-46AA-9E31-6EE73B3304DC.jpeg

This part of the cover is curved, thus the need for the bent plate.

51E8940F-B610-477F-B463-234FBF3E2295.jpeg

EFC3077A-46F8-485B-9D1E-ABE5DFBDC5B0.jpeg

F72D0FE4-669B-47BD-A28C-7AA83272A213.jpeg

86B1BF55-9B21-45E3-94D2-3A460D7984A3.jpeg

4260B51E-417C-4AA5-8BB0-37B74D94C3FF.jpeg

F1DEA63C-35F5-47D3-8CA2-0DABC4D9E374.jpeg

EFCD7DC1-E6F9-45CD-BDA2-313BB2ED00A7.jpeg

F0059120-A108-4766-900D-F477A07C6377.jpeg

A8ADDCEC-F762-411A-95FD-3B1F620F882F.jpeg

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Wish I had even some of your mad skills. 

JustA maybe you do! What do you call what you’ve done with GTO & Sunbird? Frosty knows you well, I think? I bet he thinks so too!:D But thanks for the compliment!