Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Official: 2014 Chevrolet Impala debuts all-new design

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: New York Auto Show, Sedan, Chevrolet2014-chevrolet-impala-016-opt.jpg

To hear Chevrolet tell the story, the Impala is super popular with the public. True, it was one of the ten best-selling cars the U.S. last year, but take away sales to rental, government and commercial fleets, and we'd bet our last dollar that the Impala is no more popular than its competitors, probably less so considering its age. That's why Chevrolet is hoping its all-new Impala for 2013 will do what the last model couldn't: attract folks who don't buy their large sedans in bulk.

The 2013 Chevrolet Impala clearly looks considerably better and more modern than the car it replaces, which hadn't received a thorough redesign since 2005. The face up front is the Bowtie brand's new corporate visage, which can also be seen on the refreshed 2013 Traverse. It's an attractive mug with clean lines, little-to-no clutter and a full suite of high-tech HID and LED lighting elements. At least in pictures, the rest of the new Impala looks brawny and muscular compared to the last model's antiseptic lines. Its wheels, meanwhile, will range in size from a large 18 inches in diameter to a super-sized 20 inches.

2014-chevrolet-impala-009-opt.jpgWe also universally approve of the Impala's new interior design, which sports a dual-cockpit concept, as well as a 4.2-inch information screen between the gauges and an eight-inch screen atop the center stack. However, we're having a hard time with that steering wheel, which doesn't live up to the rest of the cabin's aesthetic standards.

Power for the new Impala will come from a range of three engines, all featuring direct injection: a 2.4-liter four-cylinder with eAssist producing 182 horsepower/172 pound-feet and achieving an estimated 35 mpg highway, a 2.5-liter four-cylinder producing 195 hp/187 lb-ft and a 3.6-liter V6 producing 303 hp/264 lb-ft. All will mate to a six-speed automatic and drive the front wheels only.

The Impala has also received a slew of new available active and passive safety systems, including Full-Speed-Range Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Mitigation Braking, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert.

We've included the official press release from Chevrolet below and will update the gallery will more official images as soon as they're available. And later today we'll show you what the Impala looks like in person from the floor of the New York Auto Show.

Continue reading 2014 Chevrolet Impala debuts all-new design

2014 Chevrolet Impala debuts all-new design originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 04 Apr 2012 00:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

di</img>

di</img>

autoblog?i=a8z61sWnoRg:Y3psJw4Q254:wF9xT3WuBAs</img> autoblog?i=a8z61sWnoRg:Y3psJw4Q254:V_sGLiPBpWU</img>a8z61sWnoRg

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/a8z61sWnoRg/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Not bad at all I like it but the nose is a little bland looking as well as the rear end is too. But over all its nice, just needs a personality IMO. I really like the interior but the steering wheel is a little chunky looking.

' timestamp='1333545124' post='69691']

When are you going? I'm going on the 14th. We should meet up.

Is that the Saturday after this one? I think I may do that

' timestamp='1333580579' post='69739']

This is the same platform as the Cadillac XTS, so expect AWD in a few years. ;)

On Chevy's facebook page they said this is no plans for AWD. ;)

You only want your right wheels to drive? :naughty:

Only if he doesn't install the posi.