Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac Oakland Club Intl Annual Convention

Frosty

The POCI's annual national convention will be held in Bowling Green, Kenutcky from July 5-9, 2011. Trips to the Corvette Museum and plant, drag racing at Bowling Green dragway, and other activities are being planned.

http://www.poci.org/POCI_Annual_Convention_Registration.cfm

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I am already registered, I have my hotel reservation at the host hotel too.

I've been to the Corvette Museum twice before already. I've never been to the plant though or the dragway. I will have to map out the activities for the week since this is also a family vacation. So sightseeing with my wife and boy are a must. Sadly, I just can't spend all my time looking at chrome and talking to car owners.

My dad was an AC Spark Plug/Delco Electronics program manager for the digital dash that was in the 4th gen Vettes. In 2002, my dad and I took a cross county trip down to Mississippi to Cruisin' the Coast. Along the way, we stopped in Bowling Green at the Corvette Museum. When he saw the only remaining 1983 Corvette there, he almost cried. He and his team had worked for 4 years to bring about that dash into production and to loose an entire model year ('83) due to quality and re-tooling problems broke his heart. It was one of the crowning acheivements of his career. I am tempted to buy a memorial brick for him.

• 4 weeks later...

Frosty thanks for telling me about the Corvette museum. The boss and I stopped in there for a tour and it was a hell of a museum. Right now I think I am going to start on Jenn to re-new our vows there. You think she would go for it?

Send me an invite. A buddy of mine just inherited an '86 Vette convertible from his uncle. Perhaps the wife and I can come down in that. Otherwise, we'll come down in the Lemans.

• 2 months later...

I've been to the corvette museum and the plant twice. The 'rents have three vette's so it kinda is a family thing. :D Never been to the bowling green drag strip though, and never been to this event. Biggest Pontiac specific event I've been to is Pontiac Nationals in Norwalk Ohio, which is pretty big by itself.

I don't think I'll be able to make this one though. Funds are gonna be tight this year, and it's a long drive.

Its almost 600 miles for me, one way. Plus I am sure the wife will want to run down to Nashville for a day or two of sightseeing. I drove the Lemans to Charleston WV and back to Michigan twice last year. I've taken it to Biloxi Mississippi for Cruisin' the Coast in 2003 (3000 mile round trip). So I am not afraid to drive the car. So distance is not the issue for me. However, I do understand the tightness of funds very well.

• 3 months later...

OK - the convention is in 2 weeks. Is anyone going?

The wife and I are signed up, but she is not too sure she wants to go. So we could still back out. I don't want to, but that's how things go when you are married sometimes.

I hope you still go. Send my regards to the missus. I want to go to this one but I will be in Pennsylvania.

I will send your regards. Are you going to be around middle of July? The Vintage Chevrolet Club of America will be in town for their national convention in Flint to celebrate the 100th year of Chevrolet? Lots of possible parts vendors I imagine.

The wife made it official this morning - we are not going to Kentucky and the convention. We think we might try to pull off a family vacation to Scotland instead sometime in mid-to-late August. We might have to miss Woodward though.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.