Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My best mate

64 kiwi boni

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Kinda like this guy? This is a gem from DualquadPete!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!BFj7_RrMdLWKgZ1UE-AnVJfqlB0tAw?e=Jvebg11I-E-jcuLfcjrTHw&at=9

Oh my giddy aunt !!! What a crack up that is :rofl:

i tell you one thing frosty 

hell will freeze over before I buy a electric car 👍

• Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

And here i was thinking lada's where the worst car!! their only good feature was the heated rear screen for when you where pushing it :rofl:

They are both 4 letter words...............Nuff said. :lol2:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Kiwi - I've said this in other posts. I have two major problems with electric vehicles. One is an engineering problem and the other is a more serious infrastructure problem.

The engineering problem is the time it takes to fully recharge an electric vehicle at a charging station. It needs to be no longer than the time it takes to refuel a vehicle (okay I might add time for a biology break too). I think that problem will ultimately be solved by smarter engineers than me. It's just a matter of time and finding the right technology.

The infrastructure problem is much more complex and costly. It is a two-fold issue. The first is building all the charging stations with the same number of locations/level of convenience that petrol stations have today. It took almost 100 years for the internal combustion engine infrastructure to mature to this point, electric vehicles will have to go through a similar growth / maturing process. This will take decades to build this out. Who is going to pay for those stations? Petrol companies? Probably not. Energy companies? Perhaps. Taxpayers - almost assuredly - at some level - thru road, gas, electric taxes for sure. State and federal grants and subsidies are likely too. So more of your tax money at work, right?

The second issue is the power grid. It is already over taxed. Imagine if everyone buys an electric vehicle. Everyone now will want to install a charging station in their home to re-charge their Tesla, Volt, Ampera, or whatever. This may mean they will have to up their service to the house. Cha-ching. The energy company will be forced to make changes to the grid to support the higher power demands. Since they are a legalized monopoly here in the states, they can ask the state for a rate increase to pay for it. Cha-ching. It will take time to expand the grid state and nation wide - so expect higher state or federal excise fees or road taxes. Cha-ching Cha-ching!

Electric vehicles sound good on paper and sound good for the ecology. No one seems to consider what the long term cost associated with such a massive switch over will be to the economy, to our tax and energy structure, and all the things that come with it. Right now, I am not a fan.

We seem to be overlooking the biggest problem.  There is no way to break down and recycle these batteries like our normal lead acid battery's.   They are already stacking up in boneyards and causing major concern.  A friend that owns a huge wrecking yard in FLA will not accept ANY more electric cars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JUSTA6 said:

We seem to be overlooking the biggest problem.  There is no way to break down and recycle these batteries like our normal lead acid battery's.   They are already stacking up in boneyards and causing major concern.  A friend that owns a huge wrecking yard in FLA will not accept ANY more electric cars. 

yeah whats with that??? the whole reason for "Quote" going green is to reduce the impact on the planet........thats the angle our government is using and if you buy a new electric car here at the moment your paying no road user tax... all us petrol and diesel drivers are paying, but the electric bunnys are paying zip🙄.

Frosty i completely agree with you, charging times are just a complete waste of life... they are the new waiting for a down load from back in year 2000 :rofl:

sorry but when i want to drive to Auckland, drag back a car on a trailer and do it all in one day.... it will never be with a electric car.

for my work vehicle as you all know i am a plumber /gas fitter, i can do 400km in one day in a van that has 500kgs of gear in it, so good luck to any manufacturer to build a electric van that will do that.

having said that i am kind of thinking about building my own work van... its a bit of a dream of mine.. dont laff but i am at the point in my life where i am going to slow down and pick and choose my work load over the next few years.

i am thinking of building a 56 nomad work vehicle.... but i am also thinking i could go a 59 pontiac wagon 🙄

if i go down that path, it will have a modern chassis,efi engine, air con, and all the bells an whistles, and it will be my last work truck. :dancingpontiac:  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Hey Kiwi, I just tuned in and this caught my eye. Whilst not an animal person, I am sorry for your loss and wish you a speedy emotional recovery. The beer fridge - well, now it's my turn to get teary eyed. It'll appreciate a beer soaked send off, procured from the new fridge. In fact, I recommend a serious amount of beer over the next couple of days: not just as an emotional crutch, but because it's delicious and will make you feel good...and look handsome.

now i say cheers to that Fitzy:cheers:

while i lifted my old fridge on to the ram and headed to the dump to see her be crushed by a 10 ton digger, i thought to myself... what the hell am i going to do to get a cold beer tonight.... then like a flash from the sky... i remembered we  had a spare fridge tucked away in the other shed... one we had not used for years. one that was way too big to fit in behind my bar in the shed....

what did i do that very same day.... durrr, i made it fit and cold beer was on hand the very next day:cheers:.

i still miss my Harry, the little guy loved hanging with me. he would have been pist that i went to the dump without him🙄

but life goes on, and he is home now in his little box on the side board where the boss has made a little shrine for him.

thank you for you thoughts too mate😀

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

JUSTA - I had not really given much thought on the recyclability of electric cars but now that you mention it, lithium-ion batteries are not as eco-friendly on the back end. Hmmm, I may now have a 3rd-point. I will have to research this in my "spare" time.

5 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Hey Kiwi, I just tuned in and this caught my eye. Whilst not an animal person, I am sorry for your loss and wish you a speedy emotional recovery. The beer fridge - well, now it's my turn to get teary eyed. It'll appreciate a beer soaked send off, procured from the new fridge. In fact, I recommend a serious amount of beer over the next couple of days: not just as an emotional crutch, but because it's delicious and will make you feel good...and look handsome.

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors...and miss." - Robert Heinlein

In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while sober too.

When you accidently pour too much alcohol into your mixed drink, you just have to deal with it because your mother didn't raise no quitter!

You don't get a body like this overnight! It takes years of moderate alcoholism, neglect, and numerous damaging behaviors to reach this pinnacle.

eHarmony matched me up with Jack Daniels.

It's strange how 8 glasses of water day seems so difficult but 8 beers a day is so damned easy!

Alcohol does not make you fat! It makes you lean......against chairs, tables, bar stools, walls, and ugly people!

What Fitzy said! Cheers to you mate!! :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1