Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1992 Grand Prix Progression

So, last night a friend of mine dropped off a large roll of white vinyl for me. With just 13 days left until the show that both cars need to be ready for, I have no time to track down another valence and send it off for paint. Therefore, it's vinyl to the rescue again. Fortunately the car's just plain white.

P1060511.jpg

However, this was by far the most annoying piece I've ever wrapped. I never want to do that again. As it sits it's not perfect, I hate to admit (it has some bubbles and wrinkles) but I'll see how much of it works out by letting the car sit in the sun these coming days. If my OCD gets the best of me, I'll rip it off and try a last-minute re-do. I have enough for another go.

P1060521.jpg

One more item off the to-do list.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week I pretty much left the Focus hidden in the garage and drove the GP every day, to actually put it to use. I believe it's barely seen over 1000 kilometers since I bought the Focus almost a year ago.

GPatworkJuly2712.jpg

Today I also picked up more white plastidip, to finish off the wheels. Hopefully I can get those taken care of soon, the show's only 8 days away now.

plastidip.jpg

More progress made today.

A friend stopped by and we spent a few hours getting the cars a little cleaner.

P1060645.jpg

The Grand Prix was in desperate need of some time with a clay bar. On top of that it had had pretty lengthy run last night, including through some wet roads so it was a little dirty to start with.

P1060641.jpg

After a bath I spent quite a while with the clay bar cleaning it up. Today I attacked the sides of the car; fenders, doors, quarter panels, and side skirts. The hood and trunk are good, as is the roof since its paint is only a couple seasons old. The front and rear bumper still need to be done, so it looks like I have something to do on my lunch breaks at work this week.

Keep in mind that most of the paint on this car is original, dating back to 1992. It's not perfect, but I'm trying to improve it.

P1060647.jpg

Thanks!

5 days to the show now.

I've continued on with the clay bar, getting to work on the back bumper during my lunch breaks at work this week. It was bad though, as of now I'm about half-done. I still have the front bumper to do after.

As well, the wrap on the front lip has peeled in one of the tight corners so I need to redo that before Sunday. Sigh.

Tonight though I got back to work on the wheels. Having stocked up on plastidip I waited all day to get home and hopefully finish these off so they can have time to cure before I need to mount them back on the car. I had just finished when rain started lightly, and I was able to get the wheels under cover before the sky opened.

P1060650.jpg

As you can see I still need to continue peeling off the excess plastidip from the tires, and from details like the valve stems. I'm hoping that I can have these on the car by the end of the week so that Saturday it can drive around a bit on its new white shoes and I can focus on final detailing.

• Founders

Hearing about all this cleaning of your car has made me realize how dirty the G6 is and I need to give it a really good scrub this weekend...

Show and Shine!

Today was the big day. It's been a long week leading up to now, preparing for the show and making sure everything was ready. My father and I were still in the garage very late last night, detailing both cars and making final touchups and changes.

This was one event I really wanted the GP to attend, as it hasn't really been seen by others this year. It's gone to two local meets, and the rest of the time was basically either spent in storage or in the driveway. I'm happy to say it was able to thanks to my father driving it to and from the show for me, and it finally was seen by everyone and had a new look to show off too.

Since the cars were out and freshly cleaned, I took the chance to take some pictures of the car to share. Here's good ol' Judge, now 20 years old and back to its original white-on-white combo.

P1070135.jpg

P1070133.jpg

P1070134.jpg

P1070137.jpg

P1070032.jpg

P1060922.jpg

P1070144.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Today (Jan 17) marks four years of me having the GP.

Currently it sits in storage but it will have to be brought out on a nice day sometime soon as it needs a photoshoot; I have a few people to get in touch with regarding that.

I don't really have any plans for 2013 aside from a GTP hood if I can ever get one, but I'm happy with where it is.

Finally the rims are white, looks awesome!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 years huh? Congrats

Thanks! Coming up on 20 since my parents bought it new too.

coiloverssssssssssssss

:badGT:

I still cross my fingers every time I open this thread hoping you got everything together for those.

Sorry. :lol2: I've changed to a passive search for those. If I come across the parts, great. But am I hunting online for them like I used to? No. Honestly I'm pretty happy with where it is now.

Finally the rims are white, looks awesome!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I think this is the best it has ever looked.

• 4 months later...

Look at who finally came home today.

JudgeMay25e_zpsdb855609.jpg

It was filthy. It sputtered and fought to get started. It stunk of carbon build up.

It's now clean, with a full tank of fresh gas, the buildup has been cleared, and after sitting for several months with a dead battery, fires right up and drives just like it did before.

Tomorrow: Pontiac car show.

The ol' boy is definitely due for some Seafoam. :lol2:

It's been nice to have it out though. It still gets looks.