Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Shakercars's 1972 Trans Am

2019 August
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

I need a wiring diagram for a 1950 Pontiac Silver Streak. Specifically for the ignition switch. Three wires off the back of it. I need to know where they go. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Moved this to the proper forum for ya :) 

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed. I will try to post a pic or two today, so you can see my project. Again, thanks.

Nice one SPRINT6!👍

Isn't a wiring diagram for that pretty pointless? There's like 9 wires in the entire damn car that aren't going to spark plugs.;)

That be true, but a diagram sure saves a lot of time, not having to pull the harness apart. I had one burned wire, that turned out to be the wire to the coil. Replaced that and started the motor yesterday. First time in 5 or so years. My son put a video om his Facebook page. lol.

Just my humble opinion .. pull the harness and replace the lot. That wiring is old enough to collect a pension. I'm unhappy with a wiring loom even just 15 years old. A replacement goes a long long way towards reliability and peace of mind. But then, I drive my old cars daily. Would you mind sharing the video link here?

Or if its easier share it on our Facebook page..

GLAD I COULD HELP.  My buddy has a '49 and I knew I had directed him to the OCMP site a while back.

It's a good site with some interesting stuff;

http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/