Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2016 Woodward Dream Cruise

Frosty

You'd probably have been a lot better off to have just rebuilt it yourself. They're pretty easy. All the special tooling you can make for yourself.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Dad was always that way. I said Bugger it ... I fix black box hardware on a daily basis ... if some hopped up grease monkey can do it, why can't I? Bought the ATSG manual for $25, read it cover to cover ... watched a bit of Youtube ... made a few tools (15 minutes, tops) and tore in. Really, nothing to it. If you can read a veneer caliper and a run out gauge, you can rebuilt a hydromatic. Actually ... if you can assemble IKEA furniture, you can rebuild a hydromatic. Particularly if it's just a refresh and not repairing a failed one. A refresh is simply pull it apart into it's assemblies. Take each assembly aside one at a time. Strip it, replace the seals, steels and clutches, put the snap rings back in .. and put the assemblies back inside the case in reverse order. If you've ever rebuilt a brake caliper, you won't see anything new.

I've had a bunch of peeps tell me that it's pretty easy.  Take it apart in order, rebuild in reverse.  Or Justa screw it and put a manual in. A LIL more my speed.

• 4 months later...

I just found this video that shows the drag racing that actually occurred on Woodward Ave on Friday this past year. It's also a nice history lesson.

Sadly, I have just learned that FCA has once again closed the Walter P. Chrysler Museum. This time for good. The building is going to be converted into office space. The museum closed in December 2016. That is a tragic loss for Mopar fans.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.