Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hi guys,

Some of you already know me from G6Performance.com I decided to try it here and see if I can find some more of my kind :willy_nilly:

I currently own a 2008 Torrent Podium Edition. Here's what the Podium edition package includes:

- Podium Edition – includes specific decals

- Cruise control

- Glass – Solar-Ray, deep-tinted, behind front doors

- Keyless entry system – remote, extended range

- Remote vehicle starter system

- Wheels – 17" bright chrome flangeless aluminum (Firestone 235/60/17)

Here's a list of mods I've done so far:

Heat Soak Resistance Kit, Stage 2 CAI, 4300k HIDs (High/Low/Fogs), White LED interior & licence plate, Chrome exhaust Tip w/resonator, Red filament bulbs for brake/turn signal, Disabled DRL's, Buffalo 3 inch step assist bars (not on the pics below, sorry)

I also received a set of GXP upper grilles that I'll be trying to fit tomorrow morning!

Before anyone asks, here are some pics:

3641570198_1364ba54db.jpg

3641570482_350c37c689.jpg

3641572522_2abce8f16e.jpg

3695839506_2193d5873d.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Welcome to Forever Pontiac! I do remember you and your Torrent. Very sleek good looking white :willy_nilly:

Some other Torrents joined too, think there might be 3-4 other Torrents on here!

:woot::rolleyes::willy_nilly::lol2: BACON! :slap: nice Torrent. what does it mean by "solar-ray, deep tinted"? as in dark? or...?

:woot::rolleyes::willy_nilly::lol2: BACON! :slap: nice Torrent. what does it mean by "solar-ray, deep tinted"? as in dark? or...?

Those are GM's words from the brochure... basically it means that it's got a 20% tint on all back windows and a very light tint on the front doors.

Those are GM's words from the brochure... basically it means that it's got a 20% tint on all back windows and a very light tint on the front doors.

oh ok, "advertising lingo".

Another Torrent!

Welcome to the site. :willy_nilly:

Bug shield looks a bit outta place on there. But you should look into cracking open the headlights and painting the housings for a sleeker look. The lone Torrent GXP owner on here has done that, and it looks great.

' date='May 11 2010, 11:55 PM' post='24503']

Another Torrent!

Welcome to the site. ;)

Bug shield looks a bit outta place on there. But you should look into cracking open the headlights and painting the housings for a sleeker look. The lone Torrent GXP owner on here has done that, and it looks great.

:lol2: x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Thanks for the warm welcome! I actually like the bug shield... when I see a Torrent without one it seems kinda weird... I guess it grew on me lol...

As for mods I think that the GXP grilles are going to be the last mods I do to it for a while... it's actually my wife's car and she wants me to stop modding it like it was mine :agreed:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I actually like the bug shield... when I see a Torrent without one it seems kinda weird... I guess it grew on me lol...

As for mods I think that the GXP grilles are going to be the last mods I do to it for a while... it's actually my wife's car and she wants me to stop modding it like it was mine :D

OHHH ouchy!!

lol

you are right about the bug shield i think they seem to fit right in place on the torrents haha

:agreed:

• Founders

well it seems that the GXP upper grilles don't fit on a non-GXP Torrent... this is a sad day :D

Different sizes like the G6? lol. That's a bummer though, just a reason to get a whole new bumper for it though :agreed:

Different sizes like the G6? lol. That's a bummer though, just a reason to get a whole new bumper for it though :lol2:

Yeah they look alike but the actual shape of the chrome trim is different on the GXP... Unfortunately I can't afford to buy a GXP bumper so I guess this is it...