Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac Magazine?

There are two Pontiac specific magazines that I know of:

1. High Performance Pontiac

2. Pontiac Enthsuiast

Another non-Pontiac specific title is GM High Tech Performance. It features mostly Corvette, Firebird, Camaro, GTO, and G8 articles. Still they have done a few FWD projects as well - like tweaking the supercharger on a Grand Prix with a Gen III 3800.

In case anyone is interested, Pontiac Enthusiast has ceased publishing. Amos Publishing has combined all of it's titles into one magaine called Auto Ethusiast. It has a Chevy/Corvette, Ford, and Mopar section and then a general "Classic" section - which had one GTO feature. I was very unimpressed. If future issues are like the introductory issue, I won't be losing any sleep letting that subscription lapse.

If I wanted Chevy, I could get a plethora of other titles. So all that is really left is High Performance Pontiac and Smoke Signals (POCI membership is required).

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone is interested, Pontiac Enthusiast has ceased publishing. Amos Publishing has combined all of it's titles into one magaine called Auto Ethusiast. It has a Chevy/Corvette, Ford, and Mopar section and then a general "Classic" section - which had one GTO feature. I was very unimpressed. If future issues are like the introductory issue, I won't be losing any sleep letting that subscription lapse.

If I wanted Chevy, I could get a plethora of other titles. So all that is really left is High Performance Pontiac and Smoke Signals (POCI membership is required).

I was beyond irritated when I got "Auto Enthusiast" in the mail with the letter attached saying Pontiac Enthusiast was no more. I am so excited that Amos cancelled my favorite magazine right after my dad and I renewed our subscriptions and without any warning at all. THANKS, GUYS.

I too was unimpressed with the magazine. It was very much the Amos style but that was about all it had going for it. I love that between the seven magazines they combined to make this one, Pontiac is the only one that doesn't have it's own section. Round of applause! Looks like I will be seeking out a High Performance Pontiac subscription now.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got issue #2 of Auto Enthsuiast. I am still very unimpressed. The sad thing is that my subscription label says I am paid through February of 2012. Right now, I think I'd rather read Camaro Performer, Super Chevy, or go back to reading GM Hi-Tech Performance.

Maybe us members can make some sort of E-magazine of some sort?

I actually tried to send out a piece for the reader's ride section back in the summer. Wrote them a pretty extensive letter about the car and my history with it, a few of the good pictures I had at the time (ironically, they were the rolling shots Sal got for me) and I didn't even get an e-mail back, nothing. Then again, they seemed so biased on V8 performance, I kind of figured they probably just laughed at my e-mail.

There needs to be a REAL Pontiac performance mag for Pontiacs of all kinds. Whether front, rear or all wheel drive, or four, six or eight cylinders providing power.

• Founders

If you guys want to write, we can get the Forever Pontiac Mag going again? I haven't really had the time as I thought I would, or the interest that I thought you guys would but let me know if you do :)

I have some web stuff probably coming in a month or two that will interesting and bring more attention to it :)

• Founders

Well its already up, look for "Forever Pontiac Magazine" forum titles and their all under there. Of course if you're interested we can add more sections to it or something.

Hmmm, I'm very interested in this. I would need help with ideas on what to write, or at least would need to do some research to find what to write on, but writing is my forte. That and photography-- both are time dependent though. I will add this to my (long) list of things to dig into over my winter break!