Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

WTB: Old GM seat belt

• Founders

I have a cool idea for something and am need of 2 old GM seat belts from the 60's, 70's or early 80's. In need of the female and male buckle parts so the belt part of it can be torn and not capable for use in an actual car. Post a pic of what you have and let me know what you want for it :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

Please post pictures of what you have :), although i am grateful for what you're offering and don't want to be a disgraceful buyer/receiver, I do need some buckles that are not rusted as they are the key focus but post what you have and maybe I can salvage them :)

Thanks! I will pay for good ones

Free as well

Do they look like this? I'm trying to match this set. 3 1/4 long X 2 3/4 wide with the Fisher Body logo. Not sure if they are even Pontiac, but found a pair in the box of junk that came with the GTO. I LIKE em!

Gto12004-1.jpg

Had em marked in the OPG book to check out N my daughter grabbed the book and ordered for me @ Christmas. But they are are the newer smaller 80's style. They are also ordered new outside round mirrors, but the arm off the base is like 3in too short. You can't see em from inside the car. Wanted to match what I had N install one on the pass/side too.

The Lap Belt Buckle shown above is the Pontiac Deluxe Seat Belts for 1966.

• Founders

Thanks bud! Don't think this is what I'm looking for though, is that from the '80s?

If you're headed to a yard and spot some I would greatly appreciate it but I don't want to make you feel like you have to go out of your way to fulfill this request ;)

This is more along what I'm looking for, I think this is from the '60s or early '70s:

post-1-0-06938600-1358464742_thumb.jpg

No that buckle is from 1970. Yeah those ones were put into higher end GM cars like the Pontiac, Buicks etc. The Chevys usually got the plastic ones for a couple years. (I think)

Thanks bud! Don't think this is what I'm looking for though, is that from the '80s?

If you're headed to a yard and spot some I would greatly appreciate it but I don't want to make you feel like you have to go out of your way to fulfill this request ;)

This is more along what I'm looking for, I think this is from the '60s or early '70s:

attachicon.gif gm-seat-belts.JPG

Those pictured are late 70's early 80's. My daughter bought me a set Justa like that for 24.00 per set from OPG. Just sent em back because they are too small.

Found em last night, not anything you likely could use.all rusty

Do they match what I have pictured above? They are for my back seats. If they match, I'll buy em from ya. New/repop's are stupid expensive.

attachicon.gifgm-seat-belts.JPG

I have ones just like that in the Phoenix with the GM logo.

TBH I think I have another set somewhere.... lol. I will look around, but don't bet on me.

• Founders

Are you making a belt Ringo?

Nope. Doing something else, I'm not hip enough to pull off a belt like that :rofl:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...