Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

27 dead in Connecticut school shooting, 20 victims are children

havoc1482

"NEWTOWN, Conn. (WWLP-WTNH-AP) - NEW INFORMATION : In the worst primary school shooting in U.S. history, 27 people, including 20 children, are dead following a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school on Friday morning.

Our Connecticut sister station, WTNH-TV , reports that around 9:40 A.M., officers were called to the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dickenson Drive in Newtown.

During a news conference on Friday afternoon, State Police spokesperson Lt. Paul Vance said that 27 people, including the shooter, were killed due to the shooting at the school. Another death connected with the incident was reported elsewhere.

A law enforcement official told the Associated Press that the suspect is 20-year-old Adam Lanza, adding that his older brother, 24 year-old Ryan Lanza of Hoboken, New Jersey, is being held for questioning by police. An earlier report from a law enforcement official mistakenly transposed the brothers' first names.

The law enforcement official says the boys' mother, Nancy Lanza, works at the school as a teacher.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, the official said the suspect is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

An official who spoke with the Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way, says the shooter apparently had two guns. One of which was a .223-caliber rifle.

All schools in the town, and some in surrounding communities, were put on lockdown following the incident. Frantic parents went to a nearby firehouse, which served as a staging area, as they waited to be reunited with their children.

PHOTOS: Connecticut School Shooting

President Barack Obama has contacted Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy, and is monitoring the situation closely. During a news conference at the White House he wiped tears from his eyes as he talked about how he thought Americans will hug their children closer after what happened in Newtown.

"There isn't a parent in America who doesn't feel the same overwhelming grief that I do," Obama said.

The shooting is the second deadliest in U.S. history, with only the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre claiming more lives. It is the deadliest shooting in a U.S. primary school, claiming more lives than the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School.

Newtown is a suburban community located in northeastern Fairfield County; about halfway between Waterbury and Danbury."

My father works in the area, and I take this tragedy to a somewhat personal level because I listened to this unfold on my scanner through a repeater link. It was chilling.. to listen to the officers and personnel on site...

Please send prayers to the victims families, this is especially tragic so close to Christmas.

-Mike Wolak (havoc1482)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

damn thats tough. :( i heard it on the radio and it was shocking jus to hear what happend and an elementary school no less.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.