Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

WoodburyMan's 2009 SRM G8 GT

2009 G8 GT. L76. Premium Package (Leather, bunch of little extras). Got it with 53,500mi. Traded GTO. Still miss GTO's manual.... Only real regret. GTO was leaking more oil every month, rear main seal was bad and tranny was coated. Needed paint/body work from scratches I put on it, and clearcoat was peeling where prev owner had it cheaply repainted. Rust spots on hood, and one on roof. Kicker was the rear diff making noises, make it sound like a truck over 50mph, and fluid change didn't help. Parents didn't want me having two spots in *their* driveway, likewise couldn't afford insurance for a second vehicle for a DD, and cash to fix the GTO up at same time, would have just sat for years, so figure it was time to part. Once G8 is paid for in 2-3 years hopefully I can hopefully have the money then to revisit GTO's.

Pictures. Need to do a good photoshoot still these are quick ones I've got with phone...

g81.jpg

My nephew approves of the G8.. he hugged it and went "awww" lol.

jack.jpg

First mod, day after I got it. TCM and ECM. (Custom tune not a stock Diablosport canned tune... Whats neat about TCM is I left normal mode stock. Only changed Sport mode so it shifts into higher gears quicker in normal for gas, and kick it in Sport mode when I want to. THen of course theres manual mode. Still in process of fine tuning the tune. When done should be 20-30hp bump since stock GT takes 87.. this is for 93.. also disabled DoD / AFM for now.

tune1.jpg

tune2.jpg

Then 6000K LED license plate lights..One shots for comparison

lic1.jpg

lic2.jpg

Then 6000K LED Fogs (5 Watters, equivalent of the stock halogen and then some). One shots for comparison.

fog1.jpg

fog2.jpg

fog3.jpg

fog4.jpg

Then 6000K LED 5watt CREE reverse lights. Classy.

(Yes that's a 30th you can spot the wheel of in the garage..)

revled1.jpg

revled2.jpg

revled3.jpg

I have 6000K LED H11 bulbs I was going to see if they were bright enough to use as low beams. (Since the LED fogs I got are actually like brighter than my stock lows now) but it wont fit into the opening (The bulb is too big). Either way I have 6000K HID kit I just got the other day I have to put in.

I also have Bluetooth VCIM and Atari Gauge and Harness getting reprogrammed by Chris...Will add factory Bluetooth. All in all busy three weeks. Needs performance mods next. Tires will be first. Tires it came with are shit. Worn, I got them to give me $300 off list price because of that. I might just jump the gun and buy a set of Winter Blizzak's early since these handle like poo in rain. (Going from the GTO which had good tires and a good prob 50-60+hp and torque on this, the G8 is much much harder to drive in the rain with these tires...)

Post all the pictures!!

Went through and took a few hours to clean it up right Friday. Turtle Magic Color wax and scratch touch up, and waxed the wheels, and cleaned up every interior surface and glass. Shiny. I was going to install my DDM 6000K HID's but after 4 hours in humid 90F, some of it in the sun, I was done. Maybe today after work or Sunday.

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' timestamp='1344090442' post='74452']

>jelly

How much was this bad boy?

Got it for a hair under $25k. I got $11k for the GTO, which is on the low end of KBB trade in range but considering it needed paint and other stuff understandable. G8's are holden (see what I did there ^^) their value well. You cant find a 2009 for anything bellow $23k private even really. Had 53k miles. Was another 2009 that was $24k, blue, with only 30,000mi near me but it had been modded, and VIS wasnt as clean, and over hour and a half from me so I passed.

Nice! Congrats like I said!

I want to see this G8!! I'll be up in Massachusetts in September :D

Lets do it! What week? I have class, im a FORDing mess Monday-Thursday, but any other night after 6pm or a Sunday I can meet up. Friday nights theres a car show every night in Newington.. only like 30+ Minutes from the Mass border, 45 in traffic.

Oh look all the pictures I've seen on FB already! :lol:

Looks good dude!

lol

Nice choice. I just got one a few weeks ago.

Nice. Two GTO couples I know actually ended up getting one as a DD, both just had kids lol.

• Founders

Lets do it! What week? I have class, im a FORDing mess Monday-Thursday, but any other night after 6pm or a Sunday I can meet up. Friday nights theres a car show every night in Newington.. only like 30+ Minutes from the Mass border, 45 in traffic.

I'll be up there the 19th-23rd of September. I'll PM you more about the trip.

• 6 months later...

Well well.

Lets see.

Since then NGK TR6IX plugs, MSD wires. Vararam RAM-Air intake. BMR strut tower bar. Finished the LED mod, interior and exterior is 100% LED (Minus the front turn signals and HID's). Just installed DBA 4000SX Gold Slotted + Drilled rotors and hawk pads. Yep.

My shop has two G8GT's in this color, photos do it no justice, it's a sharp color.

Erik, if you want 20"s, these cars can take 20x10's and 20x11's no problem. ;)

Thanks :). However I'm not a fan of huge wheels. Anything over 18" looks to big for me. Even the stock G8 19" wheels are iffy for me. I'm stuck right now actually. I have my winter tires on, Moda MD17 Black rims with 235/55/17 Blizzaks on it. (Love them...). I have the stock 18" rims with junky Eagle RSA tires on them. I have no intention of putting those tires back on the car except to road them. Downright dangerous in the rain. Im going to get new tires for summer only in the spring. However I kinda want to go staggered. Find some 9" deep in the rear and do like 285's or something vs the stock 8" deep 245's. Keep stock 245 8" deep in the front. I just to look up and see what fits in the rear.

Sweet car man, I was nosing your gallery link there, sucks the Goat had to leave.. Sounds like it may have been a good deal to get rid of tho.

So that 30th is your Dad's then i take it? I was wondering at first which one of you had the money for a Goat, T/A and a G8 lol

Actually, both them cars are sweet rides man!