Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

G8Madness! (take 2)

Welcome back Jess... and SWEET update!!! So your saying that with the mods you have done.... a GXP aint shit? NOICE!!! I'm sure the price diff is major right.... between a GT and a GXP?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Nice!

So, I'm guessing that your gonna keep the engine cover since I'm sure that custom paint couldn't have been cheap. But it is nice that if you wanted to you can pop off the cover and still show off a polished beast of an motor.

Keep it up and put as much Pink on it as you want!

g8 gxp. and they just look mean. and its one around town here. that thing is mean as they come. plus the stick is always cool.

Other than the Wheels and the front lower bumper facia, they are identical on the outside...(since I have the rear GXP diffuser).

Welcome back Jess... and SWEET update!!! So your saying that with the mods you have done.... a GXP aint shit? NOICE!!! I'm sure the price diff is major right.... between a GT and a GXP?

Thanks, too many forums, not enough time.

A GXP was about 7-8k more than the GT. With everything I have done, I am about 5k ahead of the curve.

Pssshhh... Lame mods... I'll have to see them later next Friday.

jk, cool catch can :bowdown:

Jealous?

Very Nice!

So, I'm guessing that your gonna keep the engine cover since I'm sure that custom paint couldn't have been cheap. But it is nice that if you wanted to you can pop off the cover and still show off a polished beast of an motor.

Keep it up and put as much Pink on it as you want!

The engine cover was done by my body shop for free as a 'thank you' for a few referrals. I dont normally leave it on because it just keeps excess heat in the engine compartment/intake area. Plus, its just body paint, I really dont want it to fade.

' date='May 23 2010, 05:15 PM' post='26504']

Awesome update!

I wish to own a G8 of my own someday.

Good luck with that... :bowdown:

so wat have u done and i want some pics of wat uve done

Did you look at this thread?

GO:

1 7/8th headers, high flow cats, xpipe & magnaflow mufflers

Roto - fab cold air intake, modified lower grill for 'ram air' effect.

Full ECM & TCM tunes by Haddad Motorsports.

Dyno'd at 369.2

Then added the port matched by FasterProms intake manifold &

billet oil catch can.

SHOW:

Pink calipers, front arrowhead & engine cover

Debadged rear & sides

GXP rear diffuser

Silver painted center caps & real lug nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

So I headed to the LA Invasion yesterday... I was pretty disappointed until I got home and talked to a couple people.

My car ran exactly the same as it did prior to the headers, hfc's, full tune & ported intake manifold.

But the DA was almost twice as high, when I ran in Feb it was 1499, and yesterday when I made my best pass it was 2624. So all in all, I am happy. Time will tell if I am truly happy. Next year I hope to be running low 12s or maybe even high 11s.

Left Lane.

1bbad85f.jpg

I can't wait to find a G8 for myself. I want to do a Holden Commodore conversion so bad, maybe even an HSV version.

Still, you can hit low 13's! That's still impressive!

Glad you guys enjoy my progression. I love my car, but honestly the disappointment of Monday really is making me consider returning it to stock and not FORDing with it. I mean, my warranty is at stake... I have slight drivability issues (harsh/stiff shifts, rough idle...) All that for .8 of a second in the 1/4? I dunno if its worth it. I think I will break into the 12s and then sell all my mods and keep my warranty. :lol2:

Glad you guys enjoy my progression. I love my car, but honestly the disappointment of Monday really is making me consider returning it to stock and not FORDing with it. I mean, my warranty is at stake... I have slight drivability issues (harsh/stiff shifts, rough idle...) All that for .8 of a second in the 1/4? I dunno if its worth it. I think I will break into the 12s and then sell all my mods and keep my warranty. :rofl:

DO IT Return it to stock then we can race when I get a GTO :lol2:

LOL, yea... he always shows up to the local car shows around here... This time I snagged him for a picture :lol2:

He knew which car was mine and that made me smile.

• Founders

LOL, yea... he always shows up to the local car shows around here... This time I snagged him for a picture :)

He knew which car was mine and that made me smile.

:lol2: That's cool!