Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My new 01 GTP

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would live have one thou and have been googling looking for one cuz of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I haz gauges...... I got my hud pod in the mail the other day..... Its already painted a metallic charcoal and matches the interior perfectly.. I installed it today.. The oil pressure gauge works but is not hooked up because I'm putting an aeroforce scan gauge in its place soon... ( really I just needed to fill up a hole for now lol) The boost gauge is hooked up and working very nicely.

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

looka great!

Whats nice is that I can see my gauges and the actual HUD display on the windshield at the same time....

:agreed: of the HUD please!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a night pic of my gauges lit up.. I did a retro-fit today with a single bright white LED in each gauge in the hud pod. I had blue LED's in the gauges before but it was hard to see them at night.... BTW sorry in advance for the crappy cell picture.. I'll get some better pics tomorrow night possibly with an actual camera.

IMG_20111101_182239-1.jpg

Joe you know these GTPs came stock with the Heads up display right? I added the HUD pod which contains those two gauges... Anyways sorry for any confusion :P

I've seen a few GTPs with out it too. I'm just happy that I've got every available option for the year... I'm so used to driving with it I barely notice its even there unless I look right at it.

I've seen a few GTPs with out it too. I'm just happy that I've got every available option for the year... I'm so used to driving with it I barely notice its even there unless I look right at it.

lol i think be both have the same options. my hid likes to pulsate tho .

sooo........ My GTP has lost its engine..... After having all the gaskets done about a month ago and most recently the main tensioner/idler pulley let go (had all the work done at a very reputable place here and actually a former employer of mine which makes it even more difficult to deal with)

Anyways I was driving home yesterday and I heard some slight knocking under acceleration..... Got the car home and let it sit for a couple hours.... I drove it to pick my son up at school and on the way to his counseling appt I stopped at the place that did the work on my car... It was knocking and they said it sounds like a rod or piston slapping..... Well I couldn't leave the car there because of my sons appt... Drove the car to the place (babied it too) .... parked it and went in for Landon's appt... Left the appointment and drove home(babied it again), well I came around my corner and the noise got really loud and then the car died...

It did restart right away so I got it into my garage and let it sit all night.... This morning I went and purchased a brand new drain pan from the local hardware store which is a block away from my house so I walked.... drained the oil and it came out like water from a faucet... You could also see the shavings/metallic floating in the oil... The coolant was actually settling on the bottom of the new drain pan....

so I poured the oil into a clean container that had not been used for anything so there was no chance of anything contaminating the oil any further...

I then asked my mom as she was standing there watching me while I did this if she could give me a ride to the place with the oil so I can show them.... Needless to say when we got there the GM of the place was not happy and very few words were said from anyone... I let him keep the oil too as I have plenty more chocolate milk in the garage...... He then had me have my car towed over there so they could look at it....

BTW I took pictures of all this stuff as it happened to save my ass in case the place didn't want to take blame for fubaring my engine..... This is also why I had my mom stand in as a witness to view what I was doing so they can't say I "doctored" this up in anyway shape or form....

So yeah thats my day... I'm also missing a day's worth of work too.... FUN FUN

well a little update..... not a good one... The place refuses to take blame on screwing my engine up.... Now I've sent out a sample of oil in a container to a place that will tell me exactly what is the oil.... I've also got a lawyer involved because of this. In the mean time I'm looking for another set of wheels while my 7,000 dollar paper weight sits in the garage.... The one good thing to come out of this is my GTP will not see winter/salt etc.... I don't expect this car to be even remotely ready to see the road again til at least spring time...

Tuesday I'm going to look at a 94 F-150 with a straight 6 and 5spd ..... poopy part of getting a truck it will cost me 3 dollars more a month in insurance and fuel costs shouldn't be too much more than the GTP...... When the GTP is all done and ready to be driven I'll turn around and sell the truck to make some money back.....

Last night I went to look at the truck... It was dark outside the car lot was closed... I brought my flash light with me and from what I can see, the frame looks solid, the rear spring shackles on the leaf springs will need to be replaced but they aren't terrible yet (my 92 f-150 was worse ,but I replaced those easily myself) .... and it looks like there was a minor accident in the front end because the valance that sits below the grill and headlights was crunched in slightly... no big deal as this is a truck and used as a truck all its life... I'm going back tuesday during the day with cash and I'll see what happens....