Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My new 01 GTP

Looks great, I just bought my 4th GP of this same body style but mine is a 2 door and my first GTP. I also have to remove my Hud and resolder the cold solder joints all of my previous HUDs also had causing it to dim and then get bright and then dim again. At least it is an easy fix and only takes about 20 minutes.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i think be both have the same options. my hid likes to pulsate tho .

The pulsating on the HUD is easy to fix. Resolder the 2 leads from the sensor that senses the outside light. It has worked on both my other GPs and I need to do it to my 3rd. There is a good post in "Clubgp" on this issue with may pictures.

So everyone, I have a little update..... In about a month or so I will be putting an L32 into my GTP. I also scored huge at the junk yard on saturday as I came across some really rare stuff for the GTP.... Here's the pics

First is my LE cluster. Anyone knows that these are very hard to find and if you do find them people want a lot of money for them. Its already installed in my car and I'll be taking pictures of it soon.018-2.jpg

Second is the LE spoiler which is even harder and much more rare since it was only offered in 2003 on limited edition grand prixs. The spoiler I am going to be putting up for sale very soon.

022-2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow....... its been a little bit. Anyways I had an L32 freshly built and I just picked it up yesterday. So here are some pictures of my recent purchase....

IMG_20120404_114331.jpg

IMG_20120326_183949.jpg

IMG_20120326_184255.jpg

IMG_20120403_161453.jpg

IMG_20120403_161437.jpg

Old L67

466.jpg

469.jpg

New L32 being prepped and last minute recheck of the front cover...

471.jpg

Engine bay was relatively clean(I didn't get any pics of it but I did clean the trans and engine bay)

473.jpg

Engine installed and my friend Gabe working on the harness... I owe a big thanks to him for letting me use his garage and lending a hand.

489.jpg

Thats it for now. Let me know what you guys think. I've also got a quick video I'm trying to upload.

I should also note that the old engine was out by 11 a.m. yesterday and the new one was in by 4 p.m. We had the car running at 10 last night .

• 3 weeks later...

Well since I haven't updated you guys...... I ended up pulling my motor apart twice since it was put in.... Basically the guy who put the motor together had the LIM cut out for a stage 3 IC and since I didn't go IC he put the blower on top of that LIM which caused me serious vacuum issues leading to an internal vacuum leak that could have blown my engine.... I had so much suction at idle that I could literally put my hand over the valve cap hole and stall the car out... Under boost it caused the dipstick to blow out of the tube(didn't find this stuff out right away until myself and a friend were doing the tune on my car and noticed smoke coming from the hood, which came from oil getting everywhere under the hood) I ended up trading a friend for a stock LIM.... My friend Gabe and I finally got around to putting my car back together last night and holy shit the car screams now..... Anyways I've got a couple more oil changes in the near future to ensure all the coolant and moisture is completely out of the oil.... Then I've got to have my friend Clint come back and re-tune the car since all of my fuel trims etc are way off now....

Anyways I snapped a couple pics today of my car as I washed it. Hope you like them and I'll be sure to post pics of the motor in the car really soon too

486-1.jpg

490-1.jpg

480-1.jpg

BTW please excuse the mess in my garage..... I've been super busy and haven't been able to clean or put stuff away