Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

and people say the Astek was useless...

havoc1482

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' date='Jun 12 2011, 12:33 AM' post='55343']

Looks like my typical Saturday nights...

Oh wait-

:D

that's my friday night.

been seeing a lot of the aztek lately. if anyone ever watched dark angel then you have too. one of the main characters drives an aztek and i find it funny that sometime it sounds like a v8 starting up and driving away.

:lol: wtf was that!?

:D:(;)

breaking bad! damn meth dealers lol. The aztek isn't useless it has a tent that comes out of its ass lol.

Astek owners swear by the car and just love them, its kinda a cult thing with them.

They dont even see them as ugly!!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Astek owners swear by the car and just love them, its kinda a cult thing with them.

They dont even see them as ugly!!! :rofl:

For one, it's Aztek.

For two, it is not the most attractive car in the world, but it's definitely not the ugliest.

For three, I think any car has a cult following. Look at the Fiero, Aztek, G6, Reatta, Mustang, Corvette, hell even Chrysler K cars have a huge following. I don't discriminate against someone because of whatever car they like. Foreign or domestic, big or small, functional or 'useless', a car is a car and a car enthusiast is a car enthusiast. I love all car enthusiasts for that reason-- they're enthusiasts! We're a dying breed and we have to stick together and appreciate each other. Even ricers... yeah, they're car enthusiasts too. Unfortunately they generally street race, something which I vehemently oppose.

For four, don't dis an Aztek 'til you try it. That's what I tell everyone that tries making fun of me for liking them. That or I show them this picture:

2002-pontiac-aztek-awd-pic-25101.jpeg

When my dad decommissions his Aztek I hope to baby Jesus he gives it to me so I can attempt to make it look like that. At least it's almost the right color already!

I would rather canabilize the Aztek for it's AWD and LA1 motor.

Rebuild the LA1, LX9 top swap, forged internals, cammed, and boost.

The figure out how to shoehorn the AWD on an N-body. GM figured it out with the Grand am Autocross:

sema2003pic7.jpg

GrandAm323.jpg

Boosted LX9!

482117_349_full.jpg

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM...

Wait...what about the Aztek?

Even ricers... yeah, they're car enthusiasts too.

No offense, but I wouldn't dare consider ricers car enthusiast. Ricers are their own category.

Non-ricers are the ones that balance form and function, they are the enthusiasts.

lol urban-dictionary put it just how I wanted to:

"A person who makes unnecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder

- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool

- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself

- Body-kit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire

- Clear tail lights and corner signals

- A "performance intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therefore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above."

I (and I can assume other agree) that a car enthusiast is a person that loves the cars how they come with a few modifications and not being over the top, because then you're not really a car enthusiast, you are a car modification enthusiast.

(now comes that generic "Grey Area" response that Jedi game me in POTM haha)

I can not dish on the Aztek too hard since my wife and mother-in-law both own one. While the Aztek still has what one critic call ed'it looks like an angry dumpster' for looks, it is a well thought out SUV. It rides well, gets good mileage, and haul the family soccer team. It is a good family vehicle. Everyone that I know who actually owns one absolutely loves it. To this day, I continue to scratch my head over that.

Okay smart guys - can anyone answer this question: when the Aztek came out, you could get an optional pop up tent. This was not the first Pontiac to do so. What other Pontiac had this same option? I want the year, make and model.

If you wanna get technical...rice is form over function. Basically, any modification that DOES NOT enhance the car's performance...it's rice, cut and dry.

My headlights and tails are rice.

I can not dish on the Aztek too hard since my wife and mother-in-law both own one. While the Aztek still has what one critic call ed'it looks like an angry dumpster' for looks, it is a well thought out SUV. It rides well, gets good mileage, and haul the family soccer team. It is a good family vehicle. Everyone that I know who actually owns one absolutely loves it. To this day, I continue to scratch my head over that.

Okay smart guys - can anyone answer this question: when the Aztek came out, you could get an optional pop up tent. This was not the first Pontiac to do so. What other Pontiac had this same option? I want the year, make and model.

1974 Ventura base GTO Hatchback.

I know my classics :cheers:

1974 Ventura base GTO Hatchback.

I know my classics ;)

Actually, it was available across the entire Ventura II hatchback line starting in 1974, this was the first year that the hatchback was available on the Ventura X-body models. So a GTO, Ventura, or Ventura Sport with a hatchback could be ordered with a dealer added option code N31.

Since you are an obvious X-body fan, I would have hoped you would know that one.

You did. It just wasn't limited to the GTO, but rather limited to a hatchback Ventura. Point taken. :):willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

• 7 months later...

For one, it's Aztek.

For two, it is not the most attractive car in the world, but it's definitely not the ugliest.

For three, I think any car has a cult following. Look at the Fiero, Aztek, G6, Reatta, Mustang, Corvette, hell even Chrysler K cars have a huge following. I don't discriminate against someone because of whatever car they like. Foreign or domestic, big or small, functional or 'useless', a car is a car and a car enthusiast is a car enthusiast. I love all car enthusiasts for that reason-- they're enthusiasts! We're a dying breed and we have to stick together and appreciate each other. Even ricers... yeah, they're car enthusiasts too. Unfortunately they generally street race, something which I vehemently oppose.

For four, don't dis an Aztek 'til you try it. That's what I tell everyone that tries making fun of me for liking them. That or I show them this picture:

2002-pontiac-aztek-awd-pic-25101.jpeg

i agree, though i believe that the aztek was released when people werent ready for it. it was a good idea but it got screwed up. it should have been more powerful and made to look a hell of a lot meaner and stronger.