Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

3500 SUPERCHARGER!!!

• Founders

I am running, well it's a CAI or RAM intake, depends on how you look at it. But no, not throwing any engine codes and I been running it for like, over a year. But I guess we'll find out :dancingpontiac:

Might be tunable then, depends how much airflow it will take without being finicky.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be tunable then, depends how much airflow it will take without being finicky.

I guess we'll see. I already know I'll be pulling the LS TB, but I guess we'll find out if I have to go with an LS MAF too... Between exhaust, TB, Supercharger, Heads... I'm looking at 1400. Which actually isn't too bad. Just, more than I have for spending right now haha.

oo it's been a while since I logged on over there. I'll have to remember my log on, and look like a loser asking about it because nobody will recognize my stuff because I've only posted maybe once? haha :D

Oh nothing nothing. I was just wondering when its done if I could come down and spray paint "ghetto" on the side of your ride. :D

Yeah right. That thing is going to knock unless he finds a way to tune it.

Alright Debbie Downer, let him do what he wants, its his van and he wants it supercharged. I think it's cool as hell. I don't see what makes it ghetto? There are plenty of vans that would probably smoke your ride. A ton of Astros/Safaris are built crazy fast!

Heck maybe one day he'll be like this guy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEeBJBhAvw4

Alright Debbie Downer

Whos that?

I just think its ghetto to put an early 90s supercharger thats welded to a LIM on his van thats all. Plus I think it looks like ass. But meh whatever. If it does fit under the hood, no one will see it.

It's not like I can do anything else besides a turbo. and it's not going to look that bad once it's on and I'm done with it. and, on top of all that, when the van can keep up with your GP you won't be saying "man that's ghetto," it'll probably be "man that's fast."

It's not like I can do anything else besides a turbo. and it's not going to look that bad once it's on and I'm done with it. and, on top of all that, when the van can keep up with your GP you won't be saying "man that's ghetto," it'll probably be "man that's fast."

Lets say I never heard of this and I ran into you at a car meet and you showed me under your hood. Im not one of those people that would say "Cool!"

Id probably think to myself wow. This guy was that desperate to make this van go fast he grabbed an old ass M62 and welded it to his intake manifold? And if you told me you bought the setup like that and just bolted it on it wouldnt make any difference to me.

You must mistake me for some kind of child because I could/would care less if your van was faster than any of my cars, with or without the supercharger. Sorry. :)

But good luck to you.

I'm not mistaking you for anybody. Honestly, I could also care less if I'm faster than you. But, when I'm running a 4500 lb vehicle that can keep up with a sports car, I'm happy. Everyone's here to say "hey, you're unique, that's cool do your thing" and when they disagree they take it to another forum and go on there way. Unlike grown men who have to take their glory out on someone who's 19 driving a minivan, and doing what he loves, unless I have something good to say, I generally just keep it to myself. Some people would call that Minnesota Nice, I just call It not being a prick.

Now, I think it'd be highly respected by not only myself, but probably Ringo, Chris, Mark and a few of the others that you just hit the back button and go find someone else to irritate.

By the way, good luck to ya on POTM, have a nice day. :)

Wow. Last I checked this is a public forum, and I am free to express and opinionate what I want. As does everyone else. With opinion comes agreements and disagreements. Its part of life, its going to happen.

I understand the "If you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all" but it is you who just made some personal allegations kid. Not me.

I didnt get persoanl. I didnt pretty much call you a prick and tell you to get out of my thread simply because someone is trying to explain why they dont like the idea of a supercharer welded to their vehicle.

Blahhhh F this. I really want to do it but I'm just going to buy it and have it sit here on the work bench for two years before I can do it. It'd be one thing if I was loaded for cash, but, I'm trying to buy a truck, move out, pay off the van, and get the G8. Things are okay with cash right now but I just don't feel like investing $300 in a work-bench decoration! And then people's downside opinions really kinda just shot me through the floor this last 24 hours on different situations other than just the supercharger. :)

Man I know exactly how you feel. I've done that so many times, your only making the best decision right now. If you have doubt in it, don't do it quite yet. Especially if it's something that would take you away from a goal you're going for.

Im running into the same thing right now with my truck and trying to sell the GTO.

Do what you think is right. (if any of this did not make sense let me know, I'm typing this with MV-22 Ospreys flying around me. It's kinda loud)

• Founders

Blahhhh F this. I really want to do it but I'm just going to buy it and have it sit here on the work bench for two years before I can do it. It'd be one thing if I was loaded for cash, but, I'm trying to buy a truck, move out, pay off the van, and get the G8. Things are okay with cash right now but I just don't feel like investing $300 in a work-bench decoration! And then people's downside opinions really kinda just shot me through the floor this last 24 hours on different situations other than just the supercharger. :picard:

Not matter how cool and excited you are its better to evaluate the situation and that may take time, as you've done here. No matter how cool the S/C would be, if you want the stuff you listed more, put off the S/C. Can always do it later when you have more money ;) lol.

If you want a G8 and a truck I dont see a need for a supercharged van. Moving your life forward is more important than a 300 hp van as cool as it would be. And no matter what you end up doing to that van, the G8 is still gonna be more fun and faster bc it was made to go fast.

:ditto: good idea putting off. If your goal is to have a G8 then pay off the van and don't get the truck :slap: . start aiming at the G8 :driving: and stop wasting money unless you really need to. just my ;) good luck on your goal. :picard:

Thanks you guys! Yeah, the G8 and moving are for sure. the truck is a hope because snow sucks. Mark, it's too bad we kept evaluating what we wanted when we were thinking of new cars, first to mind was the GTO and you'd have a buyer, but we started thinking sedan because we'll probably have a family to drag around within the next 5 years, so a vette powered sedan it is haha. Once again, thanks guys.