Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My wagon is back!!!

Go to solution Solved by Frosty,

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Do I get the right of first refusal if you decide to sell it again Pete?

I'm shickled titless that you have it back Pete. This is a unique car.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Do I get the right of first refusal if you decide to sell it again Pete?

I'm shickled titless that you have it back Pete. This is a unique car.

Of course you do, but you’ll have to wait till I can’t push clutch pedal anymore or left leg falls off!🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

That's okay. I wear a knee brace only on my right leg.  So I can still mash the go-fast pedal. LOL!

• Haha 1

• Solution

So are you saying I need to get another knee brace to just push in the clutch?

Greeeeeaaaaatttt!

• Haha 2

Well done Pete ! 

i had herd that not long after i had my 57 shipped to nz that prices for shipping went through the roof and the company i had used, justA shut their doors !!

would have been cool to see your 64 cruising the roads of nz !!!...

JustA means my new project (63 safari ) wont have any freinds to park with ☹️hahahaha

would you mind posting some more pictures? it would be interesting on the differances :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sure no problem once I get finished putting mechanical fan  on, only has electric one , guy lost the fan blade as I didn’t get it back on! 64 Impala 409 went to NZ early last summer ! Before rate’s went crazy! Is your Safari a US model or Canuck! If US there’s a ton of differences!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dualquadpete said:

Sure no problem once I get finished putting mechanical fan  on, only has electric one , guy lost the fan blade as I didn’t get it back on! 64 Impala 409 went to NZ early last summer ! Before rate’s went crazy! Is your Safari a US model or Canuck! If US there’s a ton of differences!!!

Yeah the 63 is a USA model . It was shipped new to American Samoa as a government car 

then shipped to nz for repairs and never went back ! 

Am I right in saying all the glass and trim above the belt line is the same as Chevy ? 

One thing I note is my 63 has the same roof rack as your 64 .. except mine has rust in the oval horizontal bars … they must be only chromed steel 

• Like 2

Pete, you dont have to say, but what is your 64 worth ? i had to guess at a price when i purchased the 63 as there is none in nz to compare price with !! i paid 10k nzd for this 

image.png.7930ca9ba3625430b8833e2144c94d74.png

it has had a chev 12 bolt replace the pontiac diff and had disc brakes added. so its all chev stud pattern 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

No Pete 

lefty. And it has a dash very much like my 64 …. Lots of chrome . Gauge pods to the right of the speedo that looks justA like yours :dancingpontiac:

I know the Chevy dash your referring too as I used to have a 61 impala with that long dash 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dualquadpete said:

I feel for you folks “ down under” with the steering wheel on the “ wrong” side🤣🤣🤣 and having to convert to RHD! It must be costly and hard to find RHD parts for N American vehicles? Years ago I met a couple from Australia at a POCI convention in South Carolina ( not a member any more) and heard about having to convert!

Here in NZ Pete . Anything over 20 years old doesn’t have to be converted 

And 500 special interest cars are allowed in each year in lhd configuration 

hence my hellcat 2016 was able to stay left hook . 

• Like 2

Interesting. So, do you have to buy a permit or win a lottery to be one of the people who get to have one of the 500 special interest cars? Or is it first come first serve?

• Haha 1

The rules in Oz are similar. Finally, it was realised that you can't mess with a bona fide classic car so all the rules changed. Unfortunately too late for some owners who had to butcher their cars in order to comply. There are horror stories of owners being made to fit inertia reel lap/sash belts in hardtops - I'm not sure what happened if you had a convertible.

Speaking of seatbelts, I remember visiting the US probably in the 90s and picked up a hire car and was gobsmacked by the ridiculously complicated seatbelt system that once you turned the ignition on, the body side of the belt was on a mechanised runner that moved into place and would hang there and the car wouldn't go unless you buckled up. How long did that last for?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Interesting. So, do you have to buy a permit or win a lottery to be one of the people who get to have one of the 500 special interest cars? Or is it first come first serve?

First come first served … every year !! Crack up aye 

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

The rules in Oz are similar. Finally, it was realised that you can't mess with a bona fide classic car so all the rules changed. Unfortunately too late for some owners who had to butcher their cars in order to comply. There are horror stories of owners being made to fit inertia reel lap/sash belts in hardtops - I'm not sure what happened if you had a convertible.

Speaking of seatbelts, I remember visiting the US probably in the 90s and picked up a hire car and was gobsmacked by the ridiculously complicated seatbelt system that once you turned the ignition on, the body side of the belt was on a mechanised runner that moved into place and would hang there and the car wouldn't go unless you buckled up. How long did that last for?

Sounds like a ford thing ! :rofl:

• Haha 2