Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2022 Charleston Boulevard Rod Run and Doo Wop

Frosty

The 16th Annual Charleston Boulevard Rod Run and Doo Wop is scheduled for October 5-8, 2022.

http://www.charlestonwvcarshow.org/

Dualquad Pete and I are registered for this show. It will be the first time since COVID hit that we have been able to get together at our favorite annual event. Pete will be in Sherman and I will be in Black Beauty.

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Yes it is Joe. In addition to the Scenic Route 60 tour, the fireworks, and free concerts, it is a joy to walk the boulevard and look at difference cars - 1000 strong. The river back drop is very cool.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Charleston WV with Dualquadpete. Today I am going to do the Scenic Route 60 tour today, up to the New River Gorge Bridge, lunch at the historic Glen Ferris Inn along the Kanawha River. My buddy Kenny is driving and we are taking his '70 El Camino (Ute is Aussie spek). He said he wants to "scare the shit out of me". I said if I'm not screaming like a school girl, it doesn't count.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

I'm in Charleston WV with Dualquadpete. Today I am going to do the Scenic Route 60 tour today, up to the New River Gorge Bridge, lunch at the historic Glen Ferris Inn along the Kanawha River. My buddy Kenny is driving and we are taking his '70 El Camino (Ute is Aussie spek). He said he wants to "scare the shit out of me". I said if I'm not screaming like a school girl, it doesn't count.

3 in a Camino with buckets?   You'll be in the back,  Kenny has this one! :willy_nilly:  Pete...Ya know how much we like pic's, Nuff said.

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...

Well, we now know the answer to the question, WIll there be a show in 2023? The simple answer is no. The Doo Wop is no more. Dualquad Pete and I are saddened by the loss of this show. It was one of the highlights of our car show season and we got to spend time with our West Virginia family and friends. Now we will have to find other reasons to head back to WV.

I personally want to thank all the men and women who organized, funded, and worked these shows over the many years. I attended 14 of the 16 shows. I had a great time and I will miss it.

Here is the official announcement from the organizers.

image.thumb.png.995fa92729a539e2468f0d0277e09273.png

• Sad 3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was an awesome show that was on the banks of Kanawha River in downtown Charleston.. It ranged from 600-1000 cars at it's peak. In the early years we had stationary burn out contests until the neighborhood raised a fuss and something about insurance liability. We had monster truck demos for awhile too. Fireworks on Saturday night after the concert was a staple of the show. It was a great car show. I truly miss it and the friends that I made during this time of life.

• Sad 1

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.