Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

JustA interested how folks dry the cars?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Use my leaf blower for everything else,  never thought about it for the cars.  I never get the Sunbird or GTO wet.  Have the magic mop head thing that works better the more you use it, and the dirtier it gets.  Can't explain it, but it works.  If I'm caught in the rain, thats the only time water touches my windows or ends up in my doors.  Wheel wells and underside are fair game when they get muddy from my dang roads.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Kiwi, I’m using the M18 (2724-20) blower 450 CFM 120MPH, but they now have a new one that is a duel battery unit (2824-20) it has 600 CFM 145 MPH + it has two additional nozzles. The one is a stubby necked down piece that would be even more ideal for drying a car.

One of the things I really like about it is, that I use to take the cars around the block to get most of the water off the car, plus it tended to dry the brakes enough to not rust, but especially in the spring & fall there is a lot of crap on the road so I would come back with crap n the car 😡! Now on crap on the car & I blow dry the wheel, brakes & tires. That works great! No rust ever on the brakes.

last Indian, i cant find where they are selling that short nozzle? here in nz i have asked the Milwaukee team and they dont do it here...  

i can buy the 2742-20 but not that nozzle... 

i must remember this is a work tool ! thats the only way i am going to get anything past the boss at the moment after my little purchase !!!🙄

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Here they call that model, m18cbl-0 and out of stock!!! 

Kiwi, I think what you actually need, although I’m not a Kiwi so I may be wrong, is a M18FBL-0. This is different than the M18CBL-0. Or at least by what I can make sense of. The M18FBL-0 is the 2724-20 & it looks to be available in NZ.

https://nzsafetyblackwoods.co.nz/en/milwaukee-m18-fuel-blower-m18fbl-0-each-04178999

I just don’t know NZ well enough, or at all for that matter, to determine if any of them are close to you. If they are that will have the long nozzle, but like I said I use the long one & it works well for me & possibly you could get the short nozzle from online or fab something. That’s what I’m thinking of doing.

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

Ah I didn’t look at black wells web site !!!! Thank you last Indian ! 
I only searched Milwaukee nz site !

I think I will pop down to my favourite tool shop and inquire :cheers:

• Like 1