Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Justa headbutt about battery's

JUSTA6

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 3/20/2022 at 1:48 PM, JUSTA6 said:

Batteries, they do not make electricity – they store electricity produced elsewhere, primarily by coal, uranium, natural gas-powered plants, or diesel-fueled generators. So, to say an EV is a zero-emission vehicle is not at all valid.

Also, since forty percent of the electricity generated in the U.S. is from coal-fired plants, it follows that forty percent of the EVs on the road are coal-powered, do you see?"

Einstein's formula, E=MC2, tells us it takes the same amount of energy to move a five-thousand-pound gasoline-driven automobile a mile as it does an electric one. The only question again is what produces the power? To reiterate, it does not come from the battery; the battery is only the storage device, like a gas tank in a car.

There are two orders of batteries, rechargeable, and single-use. The most common single-use batteries are A, AA, AAA, C, D. 9V, and lantern types. Those dry-cell species use zinc, manganese, lithium, silver oxide, or zinc and carbon to store electricity chemically. Please note they all contain toxic, heavy metals.

Rechargeable batteries only differ in their internal materials, usually lithium-ion, nickel-metal oxide, and nickel-cadmium. The United States uses three billion of these two battery types a year, and most are not recycled; they end up in landfills. California is the only state which requires all batteries be recycled. If you throw your small, used batteries in the trash, here is what happens to them.

All batteries are self-discharging. That means even when not in use, they leak tiny amounts of energy. You have likely ruined a flashlight or two from an old, ruptured battery. When a battery runs down and can no longer power a toy or light, you think of it as dead; well, it is not. It continues to leak small amounts of electricity. As the chemicals inside it run out, pressure builds inside the battery's metal casing, and eventually, it cracks. The metals left inside then ooze out. The ooze in your ruined flashlight is toxic, and so is the ooze that will inevitably leak from every battery in a landfill. All batteries eventually rupture; it just takes rechargeable batteries longer to end up in the landfill.

In addition to dry cell batteries, there are also wet cell ones used in automobiles, boats, and motorcycles. The good thing about those is, ninety percent of them are recycled. Unfortunately, we do not yet know how to recycle single-use ones properly.

But that is not half of it. For those of you excited about electric cars and a green revolution, I want you to take a closer look at batteries and also windmills and solar panels. These three technologies share what we call environmentally destructive production costs.

A typical EV battery weighs one thousand pounds, about the size of a travel trunk. It contains twenty-five pounds of lithium, sixty pounds of nickel, 44 pounds of manganese, 30 pounds cobalt, 200 pounds of copper, and 400 pounds of aluminum, steel, and plastic. Inside are over 6,000 individual lithium-ion cells.

It should concern you that all those toxic components come from mining. For instance, to manufacture each EV auto battery, you must process 25,000 pounds of brine for the lithium, 30,000 pounds of ore for the cobalt, 5,000 pounds of ore for the nickel, and 25,000 pounds of ore for copper. All told, you dig up 500,000 pounds of the earth's crust for just - one - battery."

Sixty-eight percent of the world's cobalt, a significant part of a battery, comes from the Congo. Their mines have no pollution controls, and they employ children who die from handling this toxic material. Should we factor in these diseased kids as part of the cost of driving an electric car?"

I'd like to leave you with these thoughts. California is building the largest battery in the world near San Francisco, and they intend to power it from solar panels and windmills. They claim this is the ultimate in being 'green,' but it is not. This construction project is creating an environmental disaster. Let me tell you why.

The main problem with solar arrays is the chemicals needed to process silicate into the silicon used in the panels. To make pure enough silicon requires processing it with hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, nitric acid, hydrogen fluoride, trichloroethane, and acetone. In addition, they also need gallium, arsenide, copper-indium-gallium- diselenide, and cadmium-telluride, which also are highly toxic. Silicon dust is a hazard to the workers, and the panels cannot be recycled.

Windmills are the ultimate in embedded costs and environmental destruction. Each weighs 1688 tons (the equivalent of 23 houses) and contains 1300 tons of concrete, 295 tons of steel, 48 tons of iron, 24 tons of fiberglass, and the hard to extract rare earths neodymium, praseodymium, and dysprosium. Each blade weighs 81,000 pounds and will last 15 to 20 years, at which time it must be replaced. We cannot recycle used blades.

There may be a place for these technologies, but you must look beyond the myth of zero emissions.

"Going Green" may sound like the Utopian ideal but when you look at the hidden and embedded costs realistically with an open mind, you can see that Going Green is more destructive to the Earth's environment than meets the eye, for sure.

Obviously copied/pasted. I encourage you to pass it along too.

:clapping:I applaud you my friend! Love ya buddy! 
Folks, every word is true, but, & there is a really really big But to this! All that is above is actually not the most concerning part of this! Every single device that is powered by electrical energy emits EMF! And battery powered devices are the worst! EMF, or electromagnetic fields as they are appropriately named are dangerous in varying degrees depending on their flux strength. So for example sitting 15 feet from your Wi-Fi router is most likely safe unless you you spend 24/7 there, but your cell phone next to you hear 6 or 8 hours a day not so much so. These are low voltage, low flux strength devices. Now imagine setting on top of huge battery driving a high output electric motor 2 feet from your crouch!! 
Think I’m kidding look it up! At the flux energy level of a full electric car the EMF flux strength is not just enough to cause cancer, but enough to alter DNA permanently! Do you really think there is no connection to lower fertility rates in developed country’s as well as the more affluent of the populous at an increasing rate that correlates to increase use of electrical power?! 
WAKE UP. This is a lie so big it will swallow us all in one gulp!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Wow man, that's crazy! I'm totally against EVs for numerous reasons but man Last Indian, you've really got me thinking. Without getting too personal, I can't even own an iPhone 12 or 13 due to the magnets and electromagnetic field interfering with certain medical devices. You now have me wondering how an EV could affect medical devices. That's justa scary. Time to make some phone calls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Last Indian said:

:clapping:I applaud you my friend! Love ya buddy! 
Folks, every word is true, but, & there is a really really big But to this! All that is above is actually not the most concerning part of this! Every single device that is powered by electrical energy emits EMF! And battery powered devices are the worst! EMF, or electromagnetic fields as they are appropriately named are dangerous in varying degrees depending on their flux strength. So for example sitting 15 feet from your Wi-Fi router is most likely safe unless you you spend 24/7 there, but your cell phone next to you hear 6 or 8 hours a day not so much so. These are low voltage, low flux strength devices. Now imagine setting on top of huge battery driving a high output electric motor 2 feet from your crouch!! 
Think I’m kidding look it up! At the flux energy level of a full electric car the EMF flux strength is not just enough to cause cancer, but enough to alter DNA permanently! Do you really think there is no connection to lower fertility rates in developed country’s as well as the more affluent of the populous at an increasing rate that correlates to increase use of electrical power?! 
WAKE UP. This is a lie so big it will swallow us all in one gulp!

i find what you have said a bout emf very interesting mate.

a few years ago i had a job to do on a commercial building roof. on this roof ( 2 story) was a telecom tower. both myself and my worker where on that roof within 2 metres of that cell phone tower for around 30 minutes.

both of us the next day where suffering from flue like symptoms, headaces, etc. i know we were exposed to something and i cant explain it.

took a week to come right. maybe it was as you say electromagnetic fields. i never forgot that day, i justA had a gut feeling we should not been on that roof so closed to that cell phone tower.

i did report it to the main contractor but they never did any thing !  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

AND for me Last indian  !! you have me thinking about this i phone 6 i have had on a belt clip for the last 7 years !!!

iPhone 6??? What a dinosaur! You're as bad as me - I've had a Samsung S7 for 7 or 8 years now. Peeps show me their phones with 3 cameras and folding screens and a built in coffee maker and mine just makes phone calls. Am I the loser? I think not. I didn't spend a thousand bucks a year just to keep up with the Jones.'

Oh, and JustA's and Last Indian's observations are spot on. EMFs are real: every house & building is saturated with them. No more Telecom roof work for you, Kiwi. You should have pursued your experience with the relevant authorities - it's not good enough that you had to work in such close proximity to such power.

Is everyone aware of Nikola Tesla's historical proposal to send electricity through the air, that is, wirelessly? I think it's now obvious why that didn't get any traction!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

iPhone 6??? What a dinosaur! You're as bad as me - I've had a Samsung S7 for 7 or 8 years now. Peeps show me their phones with 3 cameras and folding screens and a built in coffee maker and mine just makes phone calls. Am I the loser? I think not. I didn't spend a thousand bucks a year just to keep up with the Jones.'

i have my iphone 6 because it works perfectly. i have no reason yet to up grade. its in a life proof case that i have replaced 4 x now but the phone is perfect, its had 2 replacement battery's and that's it. what does worry me now is what last Indian said about emf and having that phone on my hip for the last 7 plus year

12 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Oh, and JustA's and Last Indian's observations are spot on. EMFs are real: every house & building is saturated with them. No more Telecom roof work for you, Kiwi. You should have pursued your experience with the relevant authorities - it's not good enough that you had to work in such close proximity to such power.

mate i really didnt know!!!

12 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Is everyone aware of Nikola Tesla's historical proposal to send electricity through the air, that is, wirelessly? I think it's now obvious why that didn't get any traction!

please elaborate !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i find what you have said a bout emf very interesting mate.

a few years ago i had a job to do on a commercial building roof. on this roof ( 2 story) was a telecom tower. both myself and my worker where on that roof within 2 metres of that cell phone tower for around 30 minutes.

both of us the next day where suffering from flue like symptoms, headaces, etc. i know we were exposed to something and i cant explain it.

took a week to come right. maybe it was as you say electromagnetic fields. i never forgot that day, i justA had a gut feeling we should not been on that roof so closed to that cell phone tower.

i did report it to the main contractor but they never did any thing !  

Yes! What you experienced are the classic effects of EMF’s! Everyone is different, so what one person experiences from something doesn’t mean everyone will, but that doesn’t mean the non effected individual wasn’t impacted in a physical way.

I don’t want this to detract from JustA’s message, but to reinforce it! Everything that JustA presented was accurate! The toxicity of producing these batteries in an every increasing quantity & size is the real global threat! We are poisoning the planet while killing ourselves slowly. EMF’s is just a more effective way to make sure by the powers that be that the job is complete! 
Think I’m kidding?! Here’s another one for you! The electrical industry uses a product called SF6, (sulfur hexafluoride) in electrical components to control short circuits. It is a synthetic gas. It is 23,500 times more warming in the atmosphere than CO2! It also stays in the atmosphere for 1000 years, or so calculated. In 2017 the amount of this gas that was leaked in Europe equaled to adding another 1,300,000 cars to the roads.
Where as CO2 only stays between 1 & 3 years! Here’s another tidbit. There is the same amount or carbon on this planet today as there was when it formed, it constantly changes form, but all of it is carbon! 

If you think this is just incompetence, think again! This is purposeful and decisive & and being done with a clear head!

• Like 2