Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Bonneville SSEi

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

3 hours ago, Jack W Milligan said:

Does anyone know if the supercharged engine was placed in a H body model Bonneville (87-91)?

Trick question???   :naughty:  Bonneville is a B body.  H body is the 70's  Sunbird, Monza ect.  I believe the Buick 3.8 V-6 would have been the engine, but don't believe the SSI came out til the late 90's.  We were building the Bonneville at the Orion plant when the SSI came out.

I’m new to this but I understood the G body was the last of the rear wheel drivers up to 76, then the front wheel driver was labeled the H body (the really squared off model) and ran 87 - 91.  Or so I thought…

Sorry…G body up through 86…

Actually Jack is correct. GM re-used the H-body designation once the RWD G-body went out of production. So while the H-body did encompass the Vega/Astre/Sunbird/Monza platform initially, it was later re-used for the full size FWD platforms starting in 1987,

GM did NOT offer the supercharged Series I 3800 in 87-91 edition Bonneville. The LN7 engine was only available in Buick Park Avenue Ultra from 91-95.

1992–1995 it was available in the:

Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LS (optional), LSS (optional)
Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite (optional), Touring Sedan
Pontiac Bonneville SE with H4U RPO, not badged - SLE (optional SC package), SSE (optional), and SSEi

In 1995 Only:

Buick Riviera (optional engine)

The Series II 3800 was introduced in 1995. The L67 was the supercharged version of Series II engine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Actually Jack is correct. GM re-used the H-body designation once the RWD G-body went out of production. So while the H-body did encompass the Vega/Astre/Sunbird/Monza platform initially, it was later re-used for the full size FWD platforms starting in 1987,

GM did NOT offer the supercharged Series I 3800 in 87-91 edition Bonneville. The LN7 engine was only available in Buick Park Avenue Ultra from 91-95.

1992–1995 it was available in the:

Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LS (optional), LSS (optional)
Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite (optional), Touring Sedan
Pontiac Bonneville SE with H4U RPO, not badged - SLE (optional SC package), SSE (optional), and SSEi

In 1995 Only:

Buick Riviera (optional engine)

The Series II 3800 was introduced in 1995. The L67 was the supercharged version of Series II engine.

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/08/09/body-basics-a-guide-to-gm-body-codes/

https://blog.1aauto.com/letter-general-motors-body-styles-mean/

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

great info JustA!! i was wondering how the body codes work !!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

great info JustA!! i was wondering how the body codes work !!!

Would have bet $$$ GM didn't use the H body platform again.  Knew they switched the Bonneville to G when they classed it as mid-size.