Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Bonneville Issue

14 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Some things are JUSTAS cool to watch now as then.  Was her name Groovy?  Lookin for fun N feelin GROOVY.:clapping:

JUSTA.... i am so pleased you enjoyed the old vid.:cheers:

it spun my wheels justa finding this on you tubie thing and share it.!

i am a hot rodder not a drag racer like you, but within our sport, there is a appreciation for both sides of our hobby:cheers: 

and boy did i have fun in those early days for drag racing !!!

miss grooooovy, was a super hot girl in the day ( in my world)

young, hot, keen, wanting, fun, ... what more could a 16 year old boy with a 56 Chev want :cheers:..........................................( stop smiling)..................( i can see you JUSTA) !haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

JUSTA's video reminds me of the ol' Detroit Dragway. My dad took my brother and I to it as kids. My brother was a huge drag race fan as kids. I remember it was an AHRA event. I remember seeing Sox & Martin, Connie Lakita, Shirley Muldowney, Don Garlits, Grumpy Bill Jenkins, and Don "the SNake" Prudhoome. I was in drag racing valhallia in those days.

Sadly Detroit Dragway is gone. Now a trucking depot sits were it use to be.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I remember it was an AHRA event

Just curious but was wondering if someone could help me understand (a "quick-and-dirty" explanation would be totally fine) the differences between the "American Hot Road Association" (AHRA) and the "National Hod Road Association" (NHRA). Generally speaking, my understanding is that the NHRA sets the rules and  guidelines (e.g. 5 pt. harness, flame-resistant driver suit, etc.) that everyone on / at the strip must adhere to while the AHRA somehow represents the individuals who use the track - like a union almost... ? Again, my understanding of, especially, the AHRA is pretty weak (although Wikipedia says the AHRA disbanded and the, fairly recently, has resurfaced) - just looking for some insight. Thanks!

On 9/29/2020 at 1:19 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

Last indian, thank you for you inside to why automatic transmissions, shit themselves👍,

i can totally relate !

my first 56 chev was a four door and i was just 16, i bought this thing and it was running a 283 with power glide, i hammered it ( as you do as a kid) and 2 weeks after i bought it, i had killed the glide.

i had really know idea what was wrong but back then, the local garage was own by a man i will never for get. his name was george and he lived 50 steps away from his garage and he would drive his 50 two door chev to the garage every morning and every night ( this is new zealand remember) so it was pretty cool.

i towed my 56 to him and parked out front by the pumps, explained what had happened and he popped the bonnet , pulled the dip stick and sniffed it!! i though the old guy was mad... why would you want to smell my trans oil ??? 

he said i had fried my trans, he looked underside and asked where my trans cooler was ? i said " a what" he then said ok, thats where we need to start.... i was only 16, but this old guy walked me into his dirty old office, sat me down and said "chris" i am going to tell you how you broke your trans.....

I was all ears!:unsure:

"you have have been doing skid aye! "

YES...

"well son, i am going to have to rebuild your transmission and you need a oil cooler to help stop this from happening again  son, racing cost money you know that aye?"

i reply " yes" ( he was growling  me)

THAT was my first lesson on trans oil getting hot and i will never forget it, so Last Indian, your insite to oil once again has reminded me of how much it impacts on the performace of everything in our hobby :dancingpontiac:

i think i will share a very special picture with you all ... bear with as its a bit hard to up load pictures to this site at the moment🙄 

Kiwi, thanks! Sounds like George was pretty cool! Those are the kind of men I spent a good share of my time around! The old timers! As I have said for a very long time, the old timers were pretty damn smart! Fluid coolers, be they water or oil! High pressure or low pressure date back as far as 3000 BC! Aircraft until the end of WWII use a combination of air & oil cooled engines! No airplane ever used water as a cooling method. Chevy’s famous Corsair used a combination of air cooling and a external oil cooler! All of these were done without any more incident then any other mechanical devise expected failure rate! So when some tells me how the use of such a device is skeptical to them because its possibly unreliable; yes I’m going to push back! Cheers to you mate! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

My fe Holden 

13A53D9E-22B1-43D8-857C-D465B56CF0E8.jpeg

it was a cool car, 161 red engine, 3 on the tree. and my first build.... ah:stars: wish i had kept it, but back then i was watching movies with chevs in them and that was what i wanted !

I’m with a JustA! Big smile! Man that does bring back the days! The smells! The sounds and the feelings of excitement! Never going to be there again, but it is fun to reminisce and remember! 
Non of us were much on taking picture in those days now I wish we had! It would be cool to see again. 

23 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Guys, let's just take a moment before your next reply so this does not escalate. Want to keep things respectful. If you have any problems, please feel free to take them to a side chat with myself and I can try to help remedy. Thank you.

Sorry Ringo! Blame me! 🥺

On 9/29/2020 at 6:38 AM, Stewy said:

🤦‍♂️Calm down, geeze. I was never calling you out - only relating my experience. My conversations with those who have installed them. My visual inspections of installations. My readings of technical documents relating to them. Guess I can't do that? I do not think less of you for installing one. As I noted previously, I'm happy you have one and that it's working out for you and wish you nothing but continued success. Also as noted, I have no idea what brand you have, how it's specifically installed and so on. For all I know you know the secrete to picking a reputable unit and installing it such that it's issue-free.

Stewy, I never thought you were calling me out! What could you call me out for? I’m not mad at you, by all means I could have conveyed your right to do what you wish for your situation with a little less zest! If you think you understood the failure mechanism of what you saw and you saw it to be a device failure and not installation failure, that’s all that matters to you! We’re good as far as I’m concerned.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

JUSTA.... i am so pleased you enjoyed the old vid.:cheers:

it spun my wheels justa finding this on you tubie thing and share it.!

i am a hot rodder not a drag racer like you, but within our sport, there is a appreciation for both sides of our hobby:cheers: 

and boy did i have fun in those early days for drag racing !!!

miss grooooovy, was a super hot girl in the day ( in my world)

young, hot, keen, wanting, fun, ... what more could a 16 year old boy with a 56 Chev want :cheers:..........................................( stop smiling)..................( i can see you JUSTA) !haha

Thankz for the add, but I'm JUSTA hot rodder as well.  The Sunbird has only been on a track one time.  Popular Hot Rodding magazine car show @ Norwalk dragstrip in Ohio.   Timed only, nobody on the other lane.   12.3 @ 108.   Not alot of Drag racers pull this off unless it's Hot Rods drag week LOL  C Pic..... My daughter's used to throw candy during parades, Dream Cruise.   That'sa 4:71 blower on a 231 V6.  Worked with BDS to put the package together.  I had the 1st one and BDS got all the spec's to sell the package. Have only seen 1 other since 1984.  1st thing everybody ask....... 350???? Nope......Justa 6.  And that's how the whole JUSTA thing started.   Justa6 Sunbird, Justa66 GTO, Justa 6-2 was my old trailer plate, then Justa G6 was added to the tribe.:indian:

Copy of Woodward 10 012.jpg

Copy of Copy of Woodward 10 005.jpg

Copy of Woodward 10 007.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

JUSTA's video reminds me of the ol' Detroit Dragway. My dad took my brother and I to it as kids. My brother was a huge drag race fan as kids. I remember it was an AHRA event. I remember seeing Sox & Martin, Connie Lakita, Shirley Muldowney, Don Garlits, Grumpy Bill Jenkins, and Don "the SNake" Prudhoome. I was in drag racing valhallia in those days.

Sadly Detroit Dragway is gone. Now a trucking depot sits were it use to be.

Forgot one we still see on a regular basis..... Della!

2018 9-15 008.jpg

2018 9-15 009.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Wow, I could only imagine doing a 12.3 !!!

fastest I ever went was a 14.9 in the camaro a few years ago haha.😜

4FE3219E-DE24-4A15-AE4B-C07A709B03A1.jpeg

Anything close to 12 is a blast, but there’s fast then there’s quick and then there is holy ?!#*@! Some time back before you were on here Kiwi Frosty and I had a conversation about my father-in-law! He was In WWII. He was a test pilot for the Navy, he also fly reconnaissance mission over China and the China Sea. He was somewhat famous if you will, but most of that came after he left the Navy. He and a very close and good war mate started an airport and acquired surplus F2g Corsair’s theses were 4800 hp machines. Long story short the video is of his Corsair after it was resurrected a few years back both Corsairs in the video belonged to them and flew multiple years in the famous Cleveland Air Races known as the Thompson Trophy Race! The planes even as prop planes flew close to the speed of sound! That’s fast!https://youtu.be/v4HfZkNkxys

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Anything close to 12 is a blast, but there’s fast then there’s quick and then there is holy ?!#*@! Some time back before you were on here Kiwi Frosty and I had a conversation about my father-in-law! He was In WWII. He was a test pilot for the Navy, he also fly reconnaissance mission over China and the China Sea. He was somewhat famous if you will, but most of that came after he left the Navy. He and a very close and good war mate started an airport and acquired surplus F2g Corsair’s theses were 4800 hp machines. Long story short the video is of his Corsair after it was resurrected a few years back both Corsairs in the video belonged to them and flew multiple years in the famous Cleveland Air Races known as the Thompson Trophy Race! The planes even as prop planes flew close to the speed of sound! That’s fast!https://youtu.be/v4HfZkNkxys

Last Indian! that was outstanding👍 what a beast of a plane 👍

18 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Thankz for the add, but I'm JUSTA hot rodder as well.  The Sunbird has only been on a track one time.  Popular Hot Rodding magazine car show @ Norwalk dragstrip in Ohio.   Timed only, nobody on the other lane.   12.3 @ 108.   Not alot of Drag racers pull this off unless it's Hot Rods drag week LOL  C Pic..... My daughter's used to throw candy during parades, Dream Cruise.   That'sa 4:71 blower on a 231 V6.  Worked with BDS to put the package together.  I had the 1st one and BDS got all the spec's to sell the package. Have only seen 1 other since 1984.  1st thing everybody ask....... 350???? Nope......Justa 6.  And that's how the whole JUSTA thing started.   Justa6 Sunbird, Justa66 GTO, Justa 6-2 was my old trailer plate, then Justa G6 was added to the tribe.:indian:

Copy of Woodward 10 012.jpg

Copy of Copy of Woodward 10 005.jpg

Copy of Woodward 10 007.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! 😍

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Wow, I could only imagine doing a 12.3 !!!

fastest I ever went was a 14.9 in the camaro a few years ago haha.😜

4FE3219E-DE24-4A15-AE4B-C07A709B03A1.jpeg

Back in the 80's it was quick.  Today it's Justa fun hotrod that still turns heads.  What they can do today with 4 cyls is amazing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JUSTA6 said:

Back in the 80's it was quick.  Today it's Justa fun hotrod that still turns heads.  What they can do today with 4 cyls is amazing. 

Tell me about it JustA, the little duratec in my mk1 is 170 bhp and its stock!

• Like 1