Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Im in for a Life Change

Pontiacgt201

Hey Guys,

Well some of you may know that ive been unemployed for the past 6 months. ive had no luck with getting a job. ive put in many many applications and got nothing, not even a phone call. well I got a call today from a Trucking Company. On Monday im heading out to Iowa to start Training for my CDL. Ill be there for about 4 weeks. its a big change for me. Ive never gone west at all. heck Ive never been to the west side of PA so its gonna be something new. I am so pumped. well thats all I got for now.

Darren

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome news! Iowa isn't bad, in the cities. The country is filled with those windmill things. It snows a lot and it gets pretty cold. I like Iowa. Maybe the next time I drive through to MN I'll stop in IA and say hi! :lol2: it's good to have change though.

Good luck! :P

' date='Nov 17 2010, 03:12 PM' post='40956']

Bring mobile intarnets with you, so you can keep us updated, and entertained. :lol2:

^^^THAT!

• Founders

Congrats bud! Good to know people are finding employment who haven't been :) Iowa is interesting, I've only driven through there but the Mid West is nice, I used to live in Missouri. Watch out for Tornado's though, those little buggers suck...

What trucking company will you be working for?

' date='Nov 17 2010, 06:12 PM' post='40956']

Bring mobile intarnets with you, so you can keep us updated, and entertained. :P

:lol2:

• Founders

thanks guys. Talking with the Recruiter so im gonna find out if theres internet in the rooms ill be in.

Ill be working for CRST Trucking

Cool! Hopefully there is.

ewww bad website, ask them if they want it redone by me :lol2:

Cool! Hopefully there is.

ewww bad website, ask them if they want it redone by me :)

lmao. Jim, you're funny.

I'm sure you won't have to worry about Tornados this time of year, just wind and ice storms. I've driven through an ice storm in Iowa and it wasn't fun lol, this was when I was driving the G6 still too.

hey Guys Big Update.

I got my CDL Permit yesterday.

I also got to Drive a semi yesterday. and didnt even stall for the first few minutes. after about 30 minutes on the driving Range my instructer had me out on the streets. I did pretty good but was having major issues with down shifting the way they want us to.

Today was way better. I was the best Driver out of my Group. I got all the shifting down. Got to drive on the highways and in town. Went to my first truck stop behind the wheel

We have off tomorrow for Thanksgiving but back to school Friday. Im lovin being behind the wheel of the Rigs.

• Founders

:lol2: congrats that's awesome!! That's crazy I can't imagine driving something as big as a semi. You driving with a trailer yet? or is that later on?

How is it over there?