Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Im in for a Life Change

Pontiacgt201

...That's crazy I can't imagine driving something as big as a semi...

:lol2: i have driven my G6 for years and felt i drove a huge vehicle when i drove my cousins Escalade or when i drove the rented crew cab Silverado. :woot: oh and Mehaaache da moneeez. :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

:bacon: i have driven my G6 for years and felt i drove a huge vehicle when i drove my cousins Escalade or when i drove the rented crew cab Silverado. :lol2: oh and Mehaaache da moneeez. :P

lol Don't laugh but I learned to drive on a Chevy Venture (my moms car), then bought my Monte and now the 6. I drove the Venture about a week ago and it seemed like a semi :lol2:

It's all what you get used to, I suppose.

I remember when I worked for a particular tire shop a few years ago, they delivered tires all over the island, and I happened to be one of the lucky guys to be selected as a delivery dude. I went back and forth from driving a POS 99 Chevy Astro w/ 201K to a POS 93 Ford E-150 w/ 295K. Both of the vans looked like hell, shifty brakes, and the Ford had a slipping trans. I'd hop into my Grand Am at the end of the day, and I felt like my car had become a go-kart with the tightest feeling brakes in the world. :bacon:

:bacon: congrats that's awesome!! That's crazy I can't imagine driving something as big as a semi. You driving with a trailer yet? or is that later on?

How is it over there?

thanks guys

lol I started off with a 53 foot trailer. I havnt driven without a trailer yet haha. It takes getting use to. cause your rig is so long you have to get use to taking wide turns, watchign your mirrors way more then you do in a car, watching the rear of your trailer as you turn, knowing your trucks width and being able to drive where your not looking. Like when making turns you have to pretty much trust your body to take the truck in the right direction cause your looking out the mirrors at your trailer to make sure it doesnt hit anything.

oh and I also scared the shit out of some lady last night. lol. I came up to a intersection in town, and was making a right turn. I had to lanes to turn in and then there was a turning lane for other traffic. well I had the light and the lade in here little blue ford focas where in the turning lane waiting for the light. I started into my turn and I wasnt gonna get the nose to close to here, but my instructor say "hey, Scare the women alittle bit" so I pulled my nose right straight at her then took it down the side of her car from front fender, then past the whole car, mabie about a foot away from the side of the car. My instructor looks and me and says "I said scare her not make $#IT herself" man it was great.

its nice here. its cold as hell. having a blast. everyone is real cool. the training center is right next to the companys main terminal, so the truckers come over and hang out until there truck and/or trailer is repaired or loaded. talking with them is a blast. some of the crap they have seen.

Well, most of those truckers have gone from coast to coast, and they bring home a lot of coin doing long distance shipments.

Glad to see you're doing good for yourself, Darren.

long hauls. Ill be going out of the Carlisle, PA Terminal to anywhere in the US.

Awesome, well if you ever do any stops in El Paso, TX, shoot me a PM and I will try to swing by to see ya!

lol Don't laugh but I learned to drive on a Chevy Venture (my moms car), then bought my Monte and now the 6. I drove the Venture about a week ago and it seemed like a semi :lol2:

It's all what you get used to, I suppose.

:lol2:

and :lol2: at the lil old lady comment.