Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

finding rare parts question

I am just about done with most of the projects I had  planned for the winter. But still have "ONE" big one to go. I am looking for parting brake cables for my 1956 Safari. Mine are in bad shape.

Can anyone suggest a place to locate them?  I once heard  of a Crossover parts book that would let you see what other cars used the same parts. where might I find one? It would sure be nice if a Nomad used the same ones. Does anyone know???

Thanks Steve

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

thanks I'll give them a call

6 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Ray Whites Junkyard 336 994 4029 Germanton NC They have acres and acres of cars from 1930s to present day....

Number is no longer in service

OK try 336 408 2220. Think they also have website Ray white service station ? Know they are still in business. The old man may have died or something ? Germanton NC.possibly Winston Salem address

Have you reached out to Larry? he should be able to direct you to a source/solution;

http://www.pontiacsafari.com/index.html 

Got ahold of Ray Whites Junk yard. Informed everything they would have would be NO good. but thanks for the lead . I am a member of the safari club but have never figured out how to navigate the site. Can not find ANYWHERE to post a question. Did find some on AMES site listed as all except Wagon  so may just have to fab  some using those to start. I do appreciate all the leads though .

Inline Tube made a custom parking brake cable for my '72 Lemans convertible after I switched from a 350TH to a 400TH tranny and suddenly the stock cable was too short. If you know how long you need, perhaps they can help. Won't hurt to call them.

• 2 months later...