Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

HOW to all! It's good to Pontiac's are well! The Chief would be proud. I used to be a Camaro guy till they killed it in the third gen, IMO. After I sold my Zs I decided to see what I could do with a fwd. 

looks like you all have some nice cars, so I hope you don't mind a fwd nosing in.

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

Indian interior from backseat .jpg

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Well the short answer to what been done to her is, about everything! And everything is real and custom made. The steering is a hand made piece as is the console top & shifter. Under the hood everything is functional, look close at the motor mounts. They are a complete design change from the factory. The engine cover is functional for cooling with the W6 type hood. I'll post up some more pics & explane in more detail later, but here are a couple others.

IMG_0056.JPG

P5250376.jpg

PC260203.jpg

• Like 1

Ok! The steering wheel was made by taking a stock GP wheel and striping it down to just the cast aluminum carcass. Then cutting of the outer ring, cutting the 4 spokes off the hub, shorting them. Then change their angle to shrink the wheel to finish at 13". Reweld them, roll a piece of 5/8 dia. Aluminum round stock and weld that to the spokes. The start cutting and machining Mahogany, Red Oak & Black Walnut to fit. Machine a center hub and outer aluminum pieces to fit the wheel controls & finish. See pics. This was easy, you need to see the suspension work & the undercarriage, brakes, wheels, etc.

1.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

7.JPG

9.JPG

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Ok! The steering wheel was made by taking a stock GP wheel and striping it down to just the cast aluminum carcass. Then cutting of the outer ring, cutting the 4 spokes off the hub, shorting them. Then change their angle to shrink the wheel to finish at 13". Reweld them, roll a piece of 5/8 dia. Aluminum round stock and weld that to the spokes. The start cutting and machining Mahogany, Red Oak & Black Walnut to fit. Machine a center hub and outer aluminum pieces to fit the wheel controls & finish. See pics. This was easy, you need to see the suspension work & the undercarriage, brakes, wheels, etc.

1.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

7.JPG

9.JPG

Truly an artist with mad skills!!!!

Ringo, if I may? Yes, I do all of my own work including design. I appreciate the nice comments thanks to all. I'm not familiar with how this goes so I'm not sure to continue this here or not? I will say this about the Indian, the suspension bares little resemblance to the stock one & yet it does appear somewhat stock. The same goes for the engine &a brakes as I indicated before. Embelems are custom as well!

Indian Wing -1.jpg

IMG_0121.JPG

PpA050393.JPG

PpA050392.JPG

PpA050385.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

• Like 1

• Founders

Amazing work!

It may be better if you wish to go into detail to create a "Progression/Build Topic" in: https://foreverpontiac.com/forum/9-pontiac-progression-place/

Then in there you can go into as much detail as you want and share as many pictures of the build process as you would like :)