Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Garage Progression

Erat

*as i type with one hand* *while on vikes*

Here i will be keeping progress on my "ghetto ass Detroit" garage.

As a few people may know i have been working quite a few hours and cleaning up the garage, as well as buying some new toys and tools. For a bachelor pad we have little tools, you know why.

I could name what is in store but that would ruin the surprise, and no one would ever look at this thread again.

I will keep list format what we have done already, as well as pictures to keep everyone updated.

New roof

New driveway

Shelving + radio added

Work bench braced up

New holding hooks added (for shovels, rakes, brooms, ladder, ect.)

Pictures.

What i had to start with:

I have no real "before" pictures, but here are some of what it looks like with all the stuff moved off the bench, my car, quad, bikes and other stuff out.

DSC02320.jpg

DSC02321.jpg

Some clutter you can see past my car.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c94/erat/Garage/Dump.jpg

This rickety ass thing needed bracing extremely bad.

DSC02322.jpg

This is why i raged. I have had 28 stitches, 16 in my face. 2 staples in my head, broken fingers, knocked out. This hurt most of all... I took a vicodin, i feel a little better. But its still throbbing like crazy. And is almost all purple now.

DSC02324.jpg

Unfortunately it got dark before i could snap a picture of all the progress i made. I'm extremely happy with what all has gotten done. In about 4 hours.

Also, the boat goes in the water sometime soon, and the trailer will be moved to my grandpas. I will say that the stupid shelf behind the boat will hopefully be almost completely cleared off of all the useless junk thats on it now.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, we also drilled a slot so we can put a padlock on the door lol.

Oh, question.

Should i update my first post? Or update as the thread goes and bump? I've always wondered this, as it's easier so someone don't gotta read through all the pages.

well..

i always found it weird to

i find when people update the first post i forget where they left off in the progression and then you have to go all the way to the end to get some of the latest scoop

• Founders

I personally like editing the first post for viewing purposes but I too have become lazy and done the just post a new update with info in subject. Whatever is easier but if someone does want to see what you have done in the past its a bitch to find lol.

What did you do to your thumb? Might want to watch out for infection bud, that's your worst enemy.

Seems like a good idea to clean out the garage but I can fit my car in mine and my tools so I'm happy, extremely happy I don't have to work in a parking lot anymore!

I was screwing in a screw under the bench, and the screw gun slipped off the screw and onto my thumb and full throttle...

haha literally screwed yourself!

frig i wish i even had a parking lot to work in!!

i have a field about an hour away from where i live thats acts as my garage/ parking lot..

if you know anything about ontario...

we only get like 4 warm months a year lol

Still no pictures or updates what i got done last couple days and today.

But today we hung one of two 4x8 pegboard's on the back left wall of the garage.

Put a new surface on the bench.

Got the boat out (going in the water tomorrow(also bringing the babes on the lake, cant wait))

Cleaned off the upper shelf, yada yada. Pretty much tidied up.

I went to work from 3-11 so my dad ran some 110 wire for a 4 way box outlet. Some type of box for four plugs. Then hooked up a box above the bench for lights. I haven't seen it yet because i just got home so i don't know.

Depending how early we leave to put the boat in the water tomorrow i might take pictures. But if i don't in the morning i wont until Monday. I have to work tomorrow (and all week) 5pm - 1am.

But i do have an update on my thumb...

dsc02325z.jpg

It feels weird to have progression thing about something so different. But this is the first real, big project I've ever done. Other than simple mods to my car.

Piiikkkssss

Started to get stuff hung up.

dsc02332u.jpg

Someone painted the window... Yes. Painted it... Detroit.

Yup, last one on the right, thats the screw i screwed myself on...

dsc02331j.jpg

Basically what it's starting to look like. We had to remove the drywall in order to get the electrical i had nothing to do with in.

dsc02329sg.jpg

Lolstang. I'm also going to get that quad running and sell it off. Also the dresser thats under the shelf in the back is going to be gone as well. If anyone wants it we are putting it on the curb sometime soon.

You cant really tell but the shelf is totally organized now and the chairs that were once hanging are now stacked and the yellow bike is hung. But what ever. Our camping equipment is on the left side, totally accessible and organized.

dsc02328b.jpg

The electrical box(s), i had nothing to do with. The switch works the plug up top for a light.

dsc023303.jpg

Depending on how early i wake up, i may put the drywall back up. Cut a hole for the outlet and switch.

Also, if you notice, the vertical studs have horizontal like 1x1's on them. That's what the drywall is screwed onto. Again, i didn't put this drywall up.

so people just paint random peoples windows in Detroit? :cheers:

you have to remember its a border city

its kind of like imbreeding when you get canadians and americans living so close together :P

so i can see why things like that would happen

you have to remember its a border city

its kind of like imbreeding when you get canadians and americans living so close together :lol2:

so i can see why things like that would happen

Also,

They're just crazy.

www.xceedspeed.com

Just go see.

You mad?

Not everyone likes grand ams. Just like you don't like the ultra hell mad jdm drift yo fitment.

Also,

Don't be getting my thread off topic.

It's so damn hot outside. And i gotta go out and work in it soon.

Moved the dresser to the curb for more failstang and boat space.

Cut out the drywall to be remounted.

Took the picture from my kitchen window because i don't feel like stepping into the warm to take a picture.

dsc02333b.jpg

You mad?

Not everyone likes grand ams. Just like you don't like the ultra hell mad jdm drift yo fitment.

Also,

Don't be getting my thread off topic.

this post confused my head :bacon:

haha its getting way hot up here to..

your GA looks sick in the garage like that haha