Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

David's Progression...01 GAGT

' date='Sep 22 2010, 12:20 AM' post='37063']

Meh, the LED strip look is more suited for trucks.

I just noticed...PAINT YOUR MIRRORS! They stick out like a sore thumb in those shots.

Other than that, sharp GA.

I kinda like the strip..But the mirrors will be painted with the kit and bumpers as well as the wiper arms...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

I kinda like the strip..

I like the idea but should have gotten a better strip :lol2: That one looks a little dull IMO

I've been wanting to get rid of my 3rd brake light and put an LED strip in the back window like a Bentley. Its always been a thought of mine, something you may want to adjust to because like said the location now reminds me of a truck.

• 9 months later...

So, trying to keep this up to date. Finally got the sct kit, mirrors, and GT bumper painted. Installed the new badges, and a newer HU.

Before she got ripped apart

100MEDIA_IMAG0159.jpg

Project underway

100MEDIA_IMAG0178.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0179.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

Fresh bumper

100MEDIA_IMAG0180.jpg

Rear lip installed

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

Kit fully installed

DSC_0248.jpg

20110703203750.jpg

All badged up and pinstripe

DSC_02512.jpg

DSC_02522.jpg

DSC_0253-1.jpg

DSC_0254-1.jpg

DSC_0256-1.jpg

DSC_0258-1.jpg

SO mods are as follows...

Full Dyed two toned interior minus seats

18" TSW Vortex wrapped in Nitto Neo Gens 235/40R18

painted calipers two tone Black and Silver

Custom Retro-fit TYC black housing headlights with 6k HID

Sct Hood

Sct spoiler

Shorty antenna

MP Racing CAI

MSD Wires

Optima Redtop

Eibach lowering springs with KYB GR-2 struts/monroe mounts

front stb

CDS rotors and performance pads

Engine Cover

Optima Redtop custom battery tray (To be installed)

Sct kit two toned Black and silver

Sct badging

Custom pinstripe

• 2 months later...

Ok, so this thread should be getting alot of attention within the next few months. But, I do have a little progress today. I've started to upgrade the brakes. This is a hybrid of parts, and here's how it turned out.

SORRY IT"S DIRTY! It's been raining for 4 days. I'm going to a ga meet in Buffalo, so it's getting cleaned Friday after work.

100MEDIA_IMAG0257.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0259.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0261.jpg

GA VS Impala

100MEDIA_IMAG0262.jpg

Before with Dirty Rim.

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

All Done!

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0286.jpg

Here's the first purchase for the next mod. 3500 swap, I'm going with MMS products for the build, and I haven't found a local tuner yet, so may be investing in HP tuners as well..

100MEDIA_IMAG0245.jpg

Thanks guys!

It will not be turbo right away, but I do eventually want to go that route. I will stay N/A first. I'm looking into a mild cam, with stock heads, p&p intakes, bigger TB and the headers this winter with the swap.

• Founders

Very nice job on the breaks! I know it's a big deal to do this but I think it's kind of odd to have "Corvette" on the calipers. people might not get "it". Just my .02 but I bet they are a good improvement!

Very nice job on the breaks!

Brakes*

I know it's a big deal to do this but I think it's kind of odd to have "Corvette" on the calipers. people might not get "it". Just my .02 but I bet they are a good improvement!

So whats the deal with the Vette calipers? Are you a wanna-be or are they just Corvette/Sports car quality?

So whats the deal with the Vette calipers? Are you a wanna-be or are they just Corvette/Sports car quality?

Sports car quality and a bit bigger.

Bigger indeed. They are a dual piston caliper, compared to a single. Plus the bigger break pads and rotors help stop quickly. But I guess I wanna be, as fast and stop as fast as a Corvette.

I also understand people may not care for them saying Corvette, and that's ok with me. I guess it makes the mod stick out a little. To much? That's for you to judge, and me to enjoy :lol:

I dont mind them saying Vette at all and get why you did put the vette type on. You just want people to know you did the mod other wise poeple would think there stock or not even notice. :lol:

I dunno if you guys realize or not...but the C5 Corvette's calipers are no different than the facelift 4th gen F-body's dual piston calipers. Main thing is the cooling fins. But they're the same size, use the same brakets, same brake hoses, etc.

Regardless, way better than the dinky N-body single piston.