Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2019 June
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
thatguy

Tinted Head / Tail lights

Have you guys ever heard of FlyEyes tint kits? I was browsing thru youtube for a diy tint vid and came across this...

I checked out their website and I think Ill be purchasing real soon. This stuff seems real easy to handle and it seems like something I cant F up. :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Wow, that does look easy! I might try that as well!

Pretty cool... :)

ok thats pretty damn cool.

so_easy_a_caveman_can_do_it_tv_show_announcement.jpg

and you guys are welcome... :)

lol thanks! :)

Yeah, that's how my old rear tail lights were tinted before :lol2:

Yeah, that's how my old rear tail lights were tinted before :lol2:

really? good stuff?

Well, my tint was done at a local shop, basically, it's see through vinyl, and I have a feeling that's what this stuff is as well :lol2: Amazing job it did at protecting too, and you could buff it up real nice :)

Well, my tint was done at a local shop, basically, it's see through vinyl, and I have a feeling that's what this stuff is as well :P Amazing job it did at protecting too, and you could buff it up real nice :lol2:

i think these a rather cool and look super easy if i havent sprayed mine i would of bought these

just imo i think tinting headlights is ridiculous. reducing light output for you to drive/see is no good imo. tinted tails on the other hand. awesome.

Just bought this!! :D

just imo i think tinting headlights is ridiculous. reducing light output for you to drive/see is no good imo. tinted tails on the other hand. awesome.

how about a show set?

Just bought this!! :D

for the tails?

Of course for the tails! Lol, I wouldn't tint the headlights.

I don't mind the blue tint, I'm considering getting the blue for the Acura TL, and let me know how well that looks on the tail lights Mark, if it's not too dark, then I might get it for my LEDs as well...

OK, sounds good! :dancingpontiac:

OK, sounds good! :lol2:

:willy_nilly:

I got them in the mail today and installed them today, I'm going to post pics in my progression thread now. :)

easy? hard?

VERY easy, however, the scalpel they give you is VERY SHARP! lol

VERY easy, however, the scalpel they give you is VERY SHARP! lol

first the wires, now a mini mini knife?

Thats awesome.. but if you can pull it off, how does it hold up to washing, rain, snow, dirt etc?

Here in Canada, we have spray tint. You can vary your coats. Can says not to use more than 2, well, I did 3. 1 coat being very light, 3 being dark. Comparable to tint covers. I did my front corners, and rear tail lights on my Montana. Of course, its permanent, but looks awesome, and was easy.

how about a show set?

for the tails?

WAAAY to lazy to remove headlights for a show.

Thats awesome.. but if you can pull it off, how does it hold up to washing, rain, snow, dirt etc?

Here in Canada, we have spray tint. You can vary your coats. Can says not to use more than 2, well, I did 3. 1 coat being very light, 3 being dark. Comparable to tint covers. I did my front corners, and rear tail lights on my Montana. Of course, its permanent, but looks awesome, and was easy.

When you take the hairdryer to it it activated a glue type stuff and it becomes permanent. ;)

I haven't tried washing it quite yet...