Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tinted Head / Tail lights

give it more time before you do anything. jus to make sure its actually good on there. when i spray tinted mine, i jus treated mine like it came out of the body shop. and waited a week or two before a wash.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new to the site.

I have a Pontiac Vibe 09 GT Jet Black, and I want to smoke my tail lights possibly using the Fly Eyes Kit. To anyone who has used this stuff before...is it easy to get off? How much light comes through? And does anyone know if this is legal in Columbus, Ohio? Sorry for all the questions, I have never done this before.

ask Mark or search for his progression. he used FlyEyes and had to take it off. plenty of light still goes through. and if its legal, ask someone that lives there or google it.

I have an 09 Vibe Gt and I was wondering if you all think it would look stupid with orange or red tinted fog lights. Don't judge me if this is a completely stupid idea lol :badGT: I can't put any pics up at the moment sorry.

I have an 09 Vibe Gt and I was wondering if you all think it would look stupid with orange or red tinted fog lights. Don't judge me if this is a completely stupid idea lol :badGT: I can't put any pics up at the moment sorry.

red would more than likely get you in trouble with the law... orange... meh... why not yellow HID's?

Well, I'm a kid, and don't really know how to do much with the engine and electrical (wish I did), so tinting would be easiest. Would it really be illegal if it were just on my fog lights which are only a foot off the ground.

the way i see, dont know if its true tho, is that they cant do anything about your fogs. i have Extreme Blue in my fogs. and the car didnt come with fogs, so they are not needed like a headlight or taillight. so you could tint your fogs. i want to tint mine too.

hmm...i dont know. you can post pics in the PS Request thread to know how things could look. and make your own Progression thread to show before and after pics.

hmm...i dont know. you can post pics in the PS Request thread to know how things could look. and make your own Progression thread to show before and after pics.

:rofl:

• 2 months later...

So I came across this thread today and decided I'll be using this on my tails, my 3rd brake light, my fogs, and more than likely will be making "eyelids" out of it on the van, depending on how it hugs the other lights! Just got new front tires today, and shampooed the seats and spent about 8 hours total washing and cleaning today.. haha will need to do some customizing now!

Wetsand them, then use polishing compound to bring a shine.

But the only way to make tinted tails shine like paint, you'll need an actual spray gun. My tails were done with a 6:1 ratio of tint and clearcoat mixed. Three coats of that, then another three coats of clearcoat on top of that.

I'd planned on buffing up all my lights, but then like I had said, planned on using this for a tint. Looks like it's pretty easy. I don't plan on doing any painting haha