Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Just tinted my tails!

I used the lightest tint film that tintmasters had for tail lights and it turned out better than I expected. The odd shape of the tails made it a bit difficult, but I'm sure my mistakes will be less noticeable in time.

Before:

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG03381024x612.jpg

After:

IMAG0472.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0482.jpg

Had some bubbles on the tails because I put too much tint solution on them and didn't get it all out.

IMAG0474.jpg

And a shot of the lights on at night

IMAG0477.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' date='Nov 20 2011, 07:58 AM' post='62245']

Not bad, but they'll eventually fade away, and being so light, it may happen quicker. I've been through enough sets of tinted tails to know. :lol:

Salright!!! it is a tint film, it can be removed and redone.

Looks good I dident go much darker when I did mine. I painted mine but still, I was still in MA and there jack off about tint. Also dark tinted tails get real flat looking and crappy after a few years.

You guys gotta have the tint done like on my last two sets.

Actual gloss black, mixed into clearcoat. Automotive PPG paint, used with an HVLP spray gun, then baked dry. No wetsanding, and the shine is as good as the car's paint itself. Best part? No fading like with tint overlays, or Niteshades!

My friend used niteshade on his forte koup and he did a bad job. The coats were very uneven and he didn't sand them properly. I just like that the tint creates a uniform shade, with no effort and can be taken off and redone if need be.

I just dident want mine to be screaming red anymore, mine are like a dark/med red wine.

• Founders
' date='Nov 20 2011, 05:57 PM' post='62282']

Best part? No fading like with tint overlays, or Niteshades!

:(

Mine are 2 years old I think now that I've owned them? (forget lol). Then Erik had them before he sold them to me and they still look great with little maintenance.

My friend used niteshade on his forte koup and he did a bad job. The coats were very uneven and he didn't sand them properly. I just like that the tint creates a uniform shade, with no effort and can be taken off and redone if need be.

PPG Automotive paint gloss black/clearcoat mix:

Stealth-Field5.jpg

Stealth-Field12.jpg

The shine just has no competition.