Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Pontiac of the Month

gscherer78ta's 1978 Trans Am

2019 February
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

RenegadeG5

Just tinted my tails!

I used the lightest tint film that tintmasters had for tail lights and it turned out better than I expected. The odd shape of the tails made it a bit difficult, but I'm sure my mistakes will be less noticeable in time.

Before:

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG03381024x612.jpg

After:

IMAG0472.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0482.jpg

Had some bubbles on the tails because I put too much tint solution on them and didn't get it all out.

IMAG0474.jpg

And a shot of the lights on at night

IMAG0477.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

they look BARELY tinted but look ok nonetheless

Just enough to look stock still. Nice!

Nice, barely enough to get it a nice smoke :lol:

Not bad, but they'll eventually fade away, and being so light, it may happen quicker. I've been through enough sets of tinted tails to know. :lol:

' date='Nov 20 2011, 07:58 AM' post='62245']

Not bad, but they'll eventually fade away, and being so light, it may happen quicker. I've been through enough sets of tinted tails to know. :lol:

Salright!!! it is a tint film, it can be removed and redone.

Just curious...why didn't you use paint?

looks better than stock due to it being a red car. slightly darker would have been better.

I like it! A burgundy shade is the extent of darkness I like with tail lights.

Looks good I dident go much darker when I did mine. I painted mine but still, I was still in MA and there jack off about tint. Also dark tinted tails get real flat looking and crappy after a few years.

You guys gotta have the tint done like on my last two sets.

Actual gloss black, mixed into clearcoat. Automotive PPG paint, used with an HVLP spray gun, then baked dry. No wetsanding, and the shine is as good as the car's paint itself. Best part? No fading like with tint overlays, or Niteshades!

Mine are just as glossy as my paint too and mine were painted. :(:)

My friend used niteshade on his forte koup and he did a bad job. The coats were very uneven and he didn't sand them properly. I just like that the tint creates a uniform shade, with no effort and can be taken off and redone if need be.

I just dident want mine to be screaming red anymore, mine are like a dark/med red wine.

' date='Nov 20 2011, 05:57 PM' post='62282']

Best part? No fading like with tint overlays, or Niteshades!

:(

Mine are 2 years old I think now that I've owned them? (forget lol). Then Erik had them before he sold them to me and they still look great with little maintenance.

My friend used niteshade on his forte koup and he did a bad job. The coats were very uneven and he didn't sand them properly. I just like that the tint creates a uniform shade, with no effort and can be taken off and redone if need be.

PPG Automotive paint gloss black/clearcoat mix:

Stealth-Field5.jpg

Stealth-Field12.jpg

The shine just has no competition.