Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ashton Kutcher replaces Sheen

Ringo64

• Founders
Ashton Kutcher appears to have won the "Two and a Half Men" sweepstakes.

The actor has put the final touches on a deal to replace Charlie Sheen as the star of TV's No. 1 comedy, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

CBS, studio Warner Bros. and Kutcher's reps at CAA declined to comment on the situation, but a deal is said to be signed.

Kutcher Tweeted about the news Thursday evening. "What's the square root of 6.25?" he wrote. The answer is, in fact, 2 1/2.

The exact dollar figure he will be paid is not known, but a source says Kutcher is getting a "huge payday" to join the hit sitcom.

[Photos: Charlie Sheen's craziest Twit pics]

The deal came together quickly in the wake of Hugh Grant passing on the opportunity to join the show. Now sources say Men creator Chuck Lorre has crafted a storyline to introduce Kutcher in a way that satisfies the network and studio. "It's really funny," says one source. "People are going to love it."

Broadcasting & Cable reported Thursday that Kutcher's name was surfacing as a possible Sheen replacement. The actor, who starred in the winter hit "No Strings Attached," would be taking first regular series gig since catapulting to stardom on Fox's "That 70's Show." He also executive produced the hit MTV hidden-camera series "Punk'd," among others.

[Photos: Charlie Sheen's rocky tour days]

Kutcher brings a youthful fan base to the CBS show, as well as a big online profile with 6.7 million Twitter followers, which could help CBS promote the show.

"Chuck's really happy," another source says.

For his part, Kutcher is remaining coy. In a cryptic message he wrote on Twitter: "I'm starting to become convinced that people put my name in articles just to improve their SEO or hoping I'll tweet it."

Sheen was fired from "Two and a Half Men" in March after publicly attacking Lorre. "After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen's services on 'Two and a Half Men' effective immediately," Warner Bros. said in a statement.

[Photos: Charlie Sheen's rollercoaster career]

Sheen fired back with a $100 million breach on contract suit against Lorre and Warner Bros. "Chuck Lorre, one of the richest men in television who is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, believes himself to be so wealthy and powerful that he can unilaterally decide to take money away from the dedicated cast and crew of the popular television series, 'Two and a Half Men,' in order to serve his own ego and self-interest, and make the star of the series the scapegoat for Lorre's own conduct," Sheen's lawyer, Marty Singer, wrote.

Sheen launched a tour after being fired. On tour stops, he had expressed his desire to return to "Men" despite his differences with Lorre.

I dunno if this is going to work or not...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

How the hell does this work? lol Is he the new Charlie? lol I se so much fail in this!

How the hell does this work? lol Is he the new Charlie? lol I se so much fail in this!

I have to agree. this is one of my favorite sitcom series and I just can't see kutcher play the part of sheen at all. I see fail. He should stick with that 70's show. lol

• Founders

Halfway through the article they say that the writer is "bringing him in" I take this as they're bringing him in as a new character... Maybe a cousin or something? lol I dunno because yeah I don't see him as Charlie at all.

So are they going to say Charlie finaly died from all the drinking or one of the chicks husbands killed him? :lol:

• Founders

So are they going to say Charlie finaly died from all the drinking or one of the chicks husbands killed him? :lol:

:rofl: I hope so because I don't want to see his character be brought on by somebody else, they might say he went rehab :rofl:

: they might say he went rehab :lol:

what and never gets out? :rofl:

Dumb. I don't want to see his face on that show.

This.

The only time I want to see that little bitch's face is when I'm staring at him watching the life drain from his eyes with my hands wrapped around his neck. I hate that goddamn cocksucker.

This.

The only time I want to see that little bitch's face is when I'm staring at him watching the life drain from his eyes with my hands wrapped around his neck. I hate that goddamn cocksucker.

Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

I'll watch the first few episodes but I don't see this working in a good way. At-least there will always be reruns of the pre-Ashton episodes.

This.

so well put that if i could order you a beer online I would.

"hi im ashton kutcher and i play the same FORDing role in every show/commercial/movie im in! You know, the one that is stupid yet lucks out every time and gets the girl. Everyone laugh!"

find a big ass wood chipper and fall in.

/end two and a half men. you will be missed.

i honestly don't see this show lasting much longer.

Meh once the show's ratings drop to non-existence they might bring Sheen back :lol:

honestly i hope once this FAILS they just let it die.

this is the equivalent of keeping someone that is brain dead on life support because they don't have the heart to pull the plug. pull the damn plug already this show has been flat-lining the last two years.

ever since they tried to make charlie have a steady relationship it's been going downhill. it started back with that judge lady i think her name was linda. after that it just kept slowly going downhill.

• 2 months later...

one of the comments: :rofl:

loved show. And I can't wait to see how the new shows play out. Ashton is a very funny talented actor! The count down is on.

^^^Pretty he is, funny he is not

this whole thing kinda reminds me of the titanic. slow sinking with a slow painfull death.

i don't know changing main characters. this isn't like bewitched when they changed Darren's.

wonder how allen and jake are going to fit into the whole ashton buying charlie's house.

ever since they started trying to make charlie stay in a committed relationship the show has been going down hill. it all started with that judge linda and been dying ever since then. granted Chelsea and here assets were nice to look at the show was just. can't put my finger on the word.

No one can replace Sheen on 2 1/2 men.... I loved the show so I'll just check out the first couple of episodes and see where it goes... The show will NEVER be the same though! :(

i loved the show too and i'll check it out when the new season starts but 2.5 men as it was is DEAD and this seems more like a spinoff.

the same thing happened with CSI, they tried to replace grissom and the ratings continued to fall after he left and now that his replacement is gone it's just going to continue to die. i think they just need to cut there losses with that show and call it a day. don't get me wrong i like csi but sometimes you just have to know when to say enough

• Founders

i loved the show too and i'll check it out when the new season starts but 2.5 men as it was is DEAD and this seems more like a spinoff.

the same thing happened with CSI, they tried to replace grissom and the ratings continued to fall after he left and now that his replacement is gone it's just going to continue to die. i think they just need to cut there losses with that show and call it a day. don't get me wrong i like csi but sometimes you just have to know when to say enough

:( 2 and 1/2 men was awesome but it was awesome because Sheen made the show with his comments and antics. Kutcher was funny in That 70's Show but that's because he wasn't a main character, he doesn't have that potential and a stoyline on just Alan isn't funny.

I lost interest in CSI when Spike started playing it every second of every day and I had that and USA playing House and I saw a lot of episodes when I was bored.

:agreed: 2 and 1/2 men was awesome but it was awesome because Sheen made the show with his comments and antics. Kutcher was funny in That 70's Show but that's because he wasn't a main character, he doesn't have that potential and a stoyline on just Alan isn't funny.

I lost interest in CSI when Spike started playing it every second of every day and I had that and USA playing House and I saw a lot of episodes when I was bored.

yeah spike did kill it for me too. might as well call it eh csi channel and you can call tnt and usa the law and order channel. they really need to find another show beside law and order to constantly play.

alan's only good for the filler between charlie's scenes and even then some of alan's antics were meh.