Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

i got new tires for my little sunflower today, 205/40/17's, yes they are small, but im also lowering the car soon lol

33067220537_large.jpg

33067220538_large.jpg

33067220539_large.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

33067220537_large.jpg

Those are HERCULES brand tires. I've never heard of them, but oh well, they are tires............They do look, MEANING THEY APPEAR TO ME, to be a little too thin, by that I mean they don't look WIDE enough for the wheel and you're losing valuable height of the tire that way. Maybe 225/40R17 would have been better. A tire that doesn't match the ground with a right angle just looks like an appetite for destruction to your wheel

yeah, its just the pictures, and they are the correct size to lower the car on, and they arent as thin as they look

when i bought the rims they had 225/45/17, i got 225/50/17's because they werent worn out, and now i got the 205/40/17's

and yeah, it has the 4x4 ride height atm lol

Hercules tires are the econo Cooper tires. With a drop that will look a lot better. I know about the width of a tire on the rims since I went with different rims I should have gotten tires that were 225s and not the 205s that I got on the car now.

' date='Jul 17 2010, 12:34 AM' post='32896']

Odd. What made you want to drop a profile size?

the 225/45/17's were great until they wore out, the 225/50/17's were too big, they rubbed on the inner fenders, and tore my drivers side one out, and the 205/40/17's were all i could afford right now, plus they are the size i want so i can lower it without rubbing

when i bought the rims they had 225/45/17, i got 225/50/17's because they werent worn out, and now i got the 205/40/17's

and yeah, it has the 4x4 ride height atm lol

Ok, so what size wheels and tires came stock on your car? I'm asking that way, cause it sounds as if you bought the wheels and tires were already on the wheels.

just hope you lower it enough to cover all that wheel gap. i had 225/40/17's on my eclipse. i had a 2.5" drop on it. the car was low to the ground but was horrible for pot holes. they owned me hard!

just be careful with potholes. tires don't look bad. tread looks pretty good.

i alwasy avoid pot holes lol, but i do have a slight flat sopt on one wheel :D