Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Help me....

Get a Friend a Job  

9 members have voted

Please sign in/register to vote or see results of poll. Votes will be made public once the poll closes.

So... there is a position opening up in my company... it is a good job (steady work) but the position is going to be frustrating... it is a call center giving support for idiots...

it is a steady paychek with GREAT benefits and first year has like 42 days off...

here is the delema... i am confused....

I have a buddy, the best man in my wedding... best friend ever (not the best work record). i have some pull in the company and i can get him in this entry level position. i would not be in his department. i am not his superior. I am in a different department working on different things.

My struggle is that i have worked my ass off and been moved up in the corperate structor and i have created a name for myself in the company... if i put my recomendation out there that my buddy will do good work and if he sucks it will reflect poorly on me.

YES THIS IS ALL SOUNDING SELFISH and i know my buddy needs a job but i am thinking long termand i think that it might affect my ability to keep on my path of movinh up.

What would you do...

Dont jus jump on the wagon saying help a brother out... put yourself in my shoes. i am on a good path at a good company that can turn in to a career... like i dont plan on leaving. and i am up for a review in 3 months. they want to staff this postion in the next few weeks....

HELP ME OUT!!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I say go for it. I'm not sayng screw your buddy but ifyou worked hard for this and you deserve it, go for it. If he's a real friend he'll congratulate you on the promotion. Maybe he'll see this as a wake up call and he'll start advacing himself.

the thing is that my boss is doing the interviews.... if i give her the resume i am 90% sure that he can get in.

my fear is that he will flake out on the work because it can be stressful.

Also i am not in his department and i dont take those incomming calls. i dont do customer service i am managing 2 alcohol programs and working on many other projects.

I will not be able to help him if he needs it and if he starts to sink... well then i am not going ot be there to see it.

if it does not work out i am worried how it will reflect on me.

Great friend... not sure how good of an employee he could be.

heres my advice.

give ur boss a heads up about him. say u want to "give him a chance" blah blah blah about how he needs a job (but dont make him wreak of desperation) and say u dont know what kind of worker he is but im trying to help out a friend whatever. that way if he flops like a fish, then you will be okay.

i say don't do it...yeah he may be a little upset at first but i am sure he will get over it. you dont need to have that stress on your shoulder of him being a horrible worker and you getting a bad record on your shoulder along with the stress from work and such..i mean thats just my decision

honestly, if you feel that your friend might screw up, don't do it. just look to the past and see what he has done and what has happened in his previous jobs. the way he worked then is the way he will work now. thats all i can say.

heres my advice.

give ur boss a heads up about him. say u want to "give him a chance" blah blah blah about how he needs a job (but dont make him wreak of desperation) and say u dont know what kind of worker he is but im trying to help out a friend whatever. that way if he flops like a fish, then you will be okay.

Its a toughie but I like what Crimson said.

:agreed::cheers: